Hello from Afghanistan!

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Ddover1212
Facebook ID: 0

Hello from Afghanistan!

Postby Ddover1212 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:16 am

Hi, My name is Dylan and I'm newcomer to this site. I caught the hound fever about five years ago when a family friend introduced me to the sport. I fell in love with the bawl of the dogs and I was amazed at the things these dogs could do. I went on to get hounds of my own shortly after. Even after going through all the frustrations that we all know so well, I continued to hunt. I had my success and I had my failures but always kept at it as long and as often as I could. I had to take a break from hunting a few times over the last five years due to my enlistment into the military. Right now I am currently serving overseas in Afghanistan. I seem to be going through withdrawals from not chasing critters this year :shock: :shock: . As of now I do not have any hounds of my own anymore but upon my return one of the first things on my list is to get back into it full swing! I would like to get a pup as well as an older dog to help get things started, one because I like the idea of pups getting a helping hand every once in awhile and 2, I would really like to hunt that first season I am home.

Thanks for reading, Dylan :D
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Hello from Afghanistan!

Postby 1bludawg » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 am

Dylan,when you get back i would be happy to help you if i can .I would gladly give you a pup if i have any when you get home ,that is if you like Blueticks,some don't.I breed and select for bobcat dogs .Stay safe and give me a call if i can help. Robin Powell---(541)315-1937 .
Shorty
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003782841530

Postby Shorty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 am

Dylan,
Thank you so much for what you do. You and your military brother 's sacrifices are very much appreciated by all true Americans. Thank you for your service!

Let us know when you get back from your deployment. The fine people (although not a fine person, myself included) on this forum would love to help you out.

Get home safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your fighting brothers.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:36 am

Dylan, great hearing from you. Welcome and thank you for your service to me and my family and all who live in the USA. I hope you can get back safely very soon and get to following those hounds. Please keep us informed how you are doing. Is there any way to mail something to you? Do you like to coon hunt, or what game are you interested in?
Twopipe
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Twopipe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:05 pm

"I seem to be going through withdrawals from not chasing critters this year"
There are snow leopards in Afghanistan!
Welcome aboard! Thanks for stepping and standing in the gap for us. You truly are the nobility of this country.
A good dog hunts wherever he's set down.
Ddover1212

Postby Ddover1212 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks for all the support and warm welcomes, it is very much appreciated! I run for coon and cats both. I know a guy back home that likes to chase gray foxes as well and wouldn't mind putting one up a tree myself. Unfortunately they won't let me chase any of the critters here...I've already asked :wink:
chilcotin hillbilly
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003065741116

Postby chilcotin hillbilly » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:40 am

Thanks for your service. There are a lot of Oregon houndsmen with big hearts on this site that will help get you going when you get safe and sound.
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
Home of the Chilcotin Treeing Piss Hounds
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby scrubrunner » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:09 am

Thank you for your service to me and mine and to all who love Liberty. I am praying for your safe return. I'm sure some Oregon houndsmen will get you fixed up with hounds when you get back.
Old dog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Old dog » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:59 pm

hey wait a minute! not just the ore hicks but this hick in Idaho thanks you for you're service also. I don't have hounds anymore but I do mess with kemmer stock mountain curs. I would feel proud to give you a dog to go hunt with when you get home. god speed and god bless thank you.
no mater if you think you can or you think you cant,, you are probably rite.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”