I'm back

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
thomasg
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

I'm back

Postby thomasg » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:07 am

Hey all,
It has been a long time since I've been on the forum. I started with hog dogs while I was in the marines stationed in California. I left for Afghanistan and when I got home to Colorado some great hounds men and brothers gave me a great dog named Mike. While I had Mike I became a police officer here. Mike and I only had a short time hunting together (6 months) when Mike got brain cancer and died. Shortly after he died I also got cancer and underwent surgery after surgery then chemo. Turned out the tumors had broken three of my vertebrae and I was stage 3. I underwent an extensive chemo regiment while still working as a light duty police officer. During my chemo my wife gave birth to my first son. After 7 months of chemo we got the best news yet. I was in full remission. Now I'm trying to get back in to hound hunting. I'd love to either start with a pup or with an old dog that could show some pups the way. If you have any dogs in mind let me know. Thanks to all of you who had my back during my chemo and cancer strangle. Thanks for the houndsmen solidarity. Can't wait to get back out there.
Keep america american. Dont take it for granted. Live the good old fashioned american way Semper fi
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: I'm back

Postby justahunter » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Good to have you back and spectacular news on the fight you had with the cancer .
Hunt hard cull hard !
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:59 pm

First off, THANK YOU for your service! Great to hear you won your fight with cancer and good luck with your future hunting.
floridacathunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000875297200

Postby floridacathunter » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Thanks, good luck, and God bless.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:47 pm

Thank you for serving our country.

Welcome back. We wish you the best.
NewMexHunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby NewMexHunter » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:51 am

Nice! Welcome back! I am a cancer survivor as well and these hounds are my medicine when they're not giving me headaches haha. Keep up the good fight.
thomasg
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby thomasg » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:37 am

Thanks gents, I appreciate the well wishes. Haven't been on a hunt or had a hound in about a year and a lot of change so if anyone needs a tag along or has some pups or a started dog up for sale in Colorado or near by let me know.
Thanks,
Thomas
Keep america american. Dont take it for granted. Live the good old fashioned american way Semper fi
NewMexHunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby NewMexHunter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:30 am

What part of Colorado? I have a nice little Female b&t x bluetick about 10 weeks old. Asking 200 for her.
Bear hounder
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bear hounder » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:34 am

Hi I'm tying to introduce myself I am hopfully doing this in the right spot I hunt in canada ontario and I've read alott of in courageing things on here and now trying to learn how to use this forum to in courage others my phone number is 613 920 3508 I could definitely use some pointers on how to us this forum I'm not even shure what goes were and so on I thank God for the asome story on hear about the man who has full remission of the cancer wow that is asome

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Introduce Yourself”