New guy from Idaho

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Thomas pike
Facebook ID: 0

New guy from Idaho

Postby Thomas pike » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Been around hound hunting since I was young never really got into it until last year and enjoying every minute of it. Hope to learn a few things and meet some people with the same passion as me
Lee Wolford
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: New guy from Idaho

Postby Lee Wolford » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Glad to see you finally on here! Check out the UKC forums too, lots of good stuff. Wiskey is having puppies right now as we speak! I was going to hunt this morning but am stuck home canning smoked kokanee! Mmmmmm
Thomas pike

Postby Thomas pike » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Lee Wolford wrote:Glad to see you finally on here! Check out the UKC forums too, lots of good stuff. Wiskey is having puppies right now as we speak! I was going to hunt this morning but am stuck home canning smoked kokanee! Mmmmmm

Yea I figured I might as well sign up, who is whiskey have pups from? You should come with me when I go get that dog from Jim!!! Never had it before you will have to bring some down when we go hunting
Lee Wolford
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Lee Wolford » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Wiskey and Iron, had 6 pups and only 2 alive so far, she's not very good at raising pups, had 7 last year and 3 lived. What a crying shame, the 2 pups i kept from last years litter are treeing hard and striking and starting bear with the best of them. I was really looking forward to getting a few more.
Thomas pike

Postby Thomas pike » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 am

Lee Wolford wrote:Wiskey and Iron, had 6 pups and only 2 alive so far, she's not very good at raising pups, had 7 last year and 3 lived. What a crying shame, the 2 pups i kept from last years litter are treeing hard and striking and starting bear with the best of them. I was really looking forward to getting a few more.

That's awesome man about the dogs doing good on bear, my bulldog had 9 pups all die within 3 days it' definitely sucks. You going to sell any?
Lee Wolford
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Lee Wolford » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 am

I was going to keep 2 and sell the rest but they all died. She is a horrible mom, she steps on them. Im going to get her spayed, makes me sick to loose that many puppies.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”