New California hunter

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Valenti farms
Facebook ID: 0

New California hunter

Postby Valenti farms » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:46 pm

How's it going I'm trying to start out in hunting with dogs I was mainly interested to start in hog hunting but want to branch out into other things . I been looking at black mouth cur since they good all around dogs an at home since I have four kids any input on other breeds an a place in California to find them would be great
kickemall
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: New California hunter

Postby kickemall » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:38 am

Welcome! BMCs are good for hogs and great all around dogs, just depends on what you want. Try to find ones that are used for hunting and not strictly ranch work. Check with adobecreekranch.com (707)928-0397. I don't know where your located in Ca. but their in Kelseyville. Another guy that has them is in Corning and his number is (530)200-2349, can't remember his name. Good luck!

P.s. - If there's any way you can, go hunt with the dogs and see how they act and perform. Unless you personally know the person with the dogs always go into it with a lot of skepticism. What one person likes in a dog many others won't. Never completely trust someone dealing dogs.
Valenti farms

Postby Valenti farms » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:35 am

I will give him a call an try and hunt with them I am down here on the central coast in California. Thank you for your advice
Nicole Stark
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Nicole Stark » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:23 am

pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:26 pm

This is for both of you. A dog that will work in high game density isnt always a dog that will catch game in low density or adverse conditions. Most dogs will get something happening if theyre face to face with hogs or bear etc. But if you want to really know you will have good success in poorer conditions look for dogs doing hard work successfully .

Return to “Introduce Yourself”