Put down a deposit on my first big game hound!

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Sinkingmoose
Facebook ID: 0

Put down a deposit on my first big game hound!

Postby Sinkingmoose » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello all, I recently put down a deposit on my first big game bluetick hound puppy. I am very excited to get into the sport. I have been a avid upland bird hunter for the last 15 years and have always dreamed of running big game with my dogs. Two years ago I had the good fortune to run a lion with my German versatile bird dogs in new mexico while quail hunting and I knew then I would one day I would do that again with my own hounds. So here we go, hopefully in the next year I will add one more hound to the pack and get a pair of hounds to lead my bird dogs in this adventure. I have always bird hunted just to see the dogs work so this seems like a good transition for me.

good hunting- Kurt
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
---Theodore Roosevelt
-Good Hunting, Kurt.
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Put down a deposit on my first big game hound!

Postby Jeff Eberle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Congratulations on your new pup. Don’t count out that bird dog I’ve had a few German shorthairs that would tree their own game, got one now that’s 1/2 GSP Only outside blood in my kennel
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
Sinkingmoose

Re: Put down a deposit on my first big game hound!

Postby Sinkingmoose » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:34 pm

We do tree bobcats with my Drahthaar and Kurzhaar here in Texas and Oklahoma while quail hunting. I have never shot them because I don't want to carry a big cat around all day while chasing quail but the dogs have taken to it quite well as long as the track is very hot and they will bay with a jump of the cat. The thrill of the cat chase has me addicted. I am looking forward to be able to strike and work some colder tracks with the hound then add the German dogs when the track gets hot or turns to a chase.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
---Theodore Roosevelt
-Good Hunting, Kurt.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”