Hello from Wyoming

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
dcschoenwolf

Hello from Wyoming

Postby dcschoenwolf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:18 pm

IMG_9014.jpg
Hello from Wyoming!

My husband and I recently picked up two treeing walkers. These pups are brother and sister and definitely have some spunk! They are our first pair of hounds and we are excited to be getting into the sport of lion hunting. My husband has been an upland bird hunter for many years and his family has traditionally ran pointers, springers and labs. My husband also traps, hunts elk, deer and antelope and of course loves to fish. Needless to say being outdoors is something we enjoy. Hounds are a whole new ballpark for us so we are super grateful to have found this forum especially since in our area it’s been extremely hard to find other sportsman willing to mentor or share advice or tips. That being said we are learning a ton from just reading the posts on the forum and are thankful for the opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback from those more experienced than us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by dcschoenwolf on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Hello from Wyoming

Postby david » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Welcome. Good luck out there in Wyoming. Making good hounds takes a tremendous amout of time and dedication. I hope you enjoy it. And yes, locals will probably see you as competition and as inexperienced giving them a bad name. Don’t be discouraged by that, use it as motivation. We used to say of people like that: “if they are going to beat us they are going to have to get up very early...”

Have fun.
backwoodsbarry
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby backwoodsbarry » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Those are some good looking pups where in Wy are you at!
dcschoenwolf

Hello from Wyoming

Postby dcschoenwolf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks! We are in Casper. It’s definitely going to take some work and dedication but I think we are up for it haha.

Last edited by dcschoenwolf on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
307hounds

Postby 307hounds » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:05 am

Yeah normally people in Wyoming are pretty nice but when it comes to running hounds whole different breed of people but there a guy in riverton that is super nice and if you ever find yourself in the pinedale are your more than welcome to run with my pups

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
dcschoenwolf

Postby dcschoenwolf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:51 am

Thanks! If we are ever out that way we will give you a shout :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”