Made a dream a reality

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Tbunao
Facebook ID: 0

Made a dream a reality

Postby Tbunao » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Growing up in the hills of northern Pa and the Ny boarder I had always dreamt about living in MT. At 38 years old I decided to make that dream a reality but just packing up and going, no friends or family. Why did I wait so long!!!

Growing up I had a distant uncle along with some friends with a variety of hounds. I lived for long nights of chasing coons and sunny days chasing snowshoes or cottontails. I always said one day I’d own 2 hounds and chase cats.

Well now that I made the move to my dream state I’m going to begin the long process of trying to learn as much as possible before buying a pair of cat hounds. Trying to absorb as much reading knowledge as I can on here. Ultimately I’d like to go along with someone to watch and learn. Even if I have to buy a guided hunt but I would really rather learn before I went on an actual hunt. I would love my first lion to be taken with my own hounds. I’ve always said you can read all you want but nothing will trump in the field knowledge.
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Made a dream a reality

Postby SASS » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Start saving your money now, it's an expensive lifestyle. And if you have some saved you can buy a well started or finished dog to use to train your second dog or pup when you get it. This will put you years ahead usually. Like you said find a few hunters hunting in or near where you will be hunting that will let you tag along before you buy anything pay attention. Good luck and have fun. Let us all know how it goes.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 am

Boy, lots to do in Montana. I am glad you made the plunge. Let us know how it is going.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Some folks would call you crazy and insane but to me your an inspiration, not many folks would just up and completely change their life to peruse their dreams, I applaud you and wish you the best in your quest...

Return to “Introduce Yourselfâ€