Hello From Cranbrook BC

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
BigMountainMike
Facebook ID: 0

Hello From Cranbrook BC

Postby BigMountainMike » Thu May 30, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi There,

My names' Mike.

I moved to the Kootenay area of BC 5 years ago for a job. I had always wanted to get into hunting and fishing as a kid, ironically I was raised by a single mom who happened to be a pretty big Hippie so that never manifested itself into reality for me ( I was actually vegetarian a lot of my life due to this).

Long story short, got a degree, got a job, got my Crap sorted out and here we are now. Ive been getting into hunting more and more these last few years and now it is pretty much all consuming. I have always loved dogs (my wife and I have a pet dog already) but I want to get a hound now to work with.

The plan is this coming winter to chase some cougars/bobs/lynx around. The rig is going to be a sled with a small box/deck on the back. I plan to buy a finished dog in the coming months to work with as well as to continue my reading /learning as much as possible.

I have a buddy who runs dogs with another hunter who can help me a bit, however, if there is anyone in the area ( I know CBK has a big hound community) I can chat with or take for a beer pls feel free to PM me for phone # etc.

All the best, and thanks for having me!

Mike.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”