New to Arizona

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
pautenis18

New to Arizona

Postby pautenis18 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:04 pm

Anyone around west/central Arizona got a new pup and want to meet a couple like minded people and catch some cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CouesHunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: New to Arizona

Postby CouesHunter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Congrats on getting a pup and aspiring to be a houndsman. you might have a tough time getting someone to take you in and train your pup for you. I have several good friends that are houndsmen and we seldom if ever hunt together. Not that we dont want to, its just really difficult when hounds are not use to one another and then some start feeding off anothers bad habit(opening off track, babbling, trashing....).Everyones style is a little different, so then next time you go out you have to straighten your hounds out cause they picked up some unwanted tendancy from your friends pack (Or vise versa)
Best advice I can give you is try and find someone to go with and leave your pup at home. Learn as much as you can and on the days you dont go with the veteran get your pup out and train. Teach it basic obedience. Maybe find an area with some raccoons and get it to trailing. In the mean time save your money and when the time is right buy a made hound, buy it under the tree. If you find that veteran that will take you without your hounds he or she may some day tell you to bring one dog along on the next outing, probably not but you never know.
pautenis18

Postby pautenis18 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:52 pm

That’s what I’m looking for is to go out I’ve been out many times with friends but they are in another state now not saying bring my pup around just be a sponge and learn as much as I can for that exact reason just trying to find someone close as possible so I can go as much as possible and it will definitely be tough but I can’t win if I don’t play... he has the basic obedience down pretty damn good I still work on it every single day still go walk him down on the river bottom he’s trailing some thing I just don’t know what it is but he is very very interested still very young just grinding it out every day giving it my 110%

pautenis18

Postby pautenis18 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 am

If you ever want to go let me know man I’m happy to pay for food/gas or whatever we need I’m not here to steal any hunting spots just to learn as much as possible is all I want

Return to “Introduce Yourself”