New member/Kemmers/ Louisiana

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
ShannonHayes
Facebook ID: 0

New member/Kemmers/ Louisiana

Postby ShannonHayes » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:23 am

Hi, my name is Shannon Hayes. I live in Winnfield, LA (home of the Uncle Earl's Hog Dog Trials). I am 43 years old, but Daddy literally started taking me with him hoghuntin', coonhuntin', deer hunting, squirrel hunting and rabbit hunting, all with dogs, literally as soon as I started walking. I went bearhuntin' with dogs for the first time in the Fall of 2011, in The Smoky Mtns. of Tennessee. I own Kemmer Stock Mtn. Curs and Kemmer Tn. Mtn. Hybrids. I'm a Lifetime Member of the KSBA (Kemmer Stock Mtn. Cur Breeders Association), and I am Robert Kemmer's assistant. i am no longer able to hunt due to health reasons, but I still stay involved with the dogs, fellow hunters and breeders.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: New member/Kemmers/ Louisiana

Postby lawdawgharris » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 am

Hate to hear you don’t get to hunt anymore but glad you can still be involved with your dogs. I completely get the limitations due to health reasons, I am in a very similar predicament. I use to hunt ALOT. I still go some but it isn’t solo anymore and only when my health cooperates long enough to let me. It’s frustrating but better than nothing. It could always be worse. I’ve only been around a couple Kemmers and have read about them some. They were nice dogs. I’ve never knowingly been around any of the hybrids.
ShannonHayes

Postby ShannonHayes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 am

Hi Lawdawg. We're getting great reports on the Hybrids on squirrels and coon. And I've heard that a few folks even use some as baydogs on hogs. I know that they have the ability to do so, they're just in a smaller package than most people prefer for using hoghuntin'. What part of Texas are you located in? Back in the '80s and '90s I spent many a night coonhuntin' the East TX woods and Sabine River bottoms with the line of Blueticks that my uncle had developed from linebreeding and inbreeding mostly Mountain Music and Smokey River bred hounds.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:28 am

I’m considered central Texas but barely lol. We are close to being able to be classified as east Texas, the drive isn’t far. What are the hybrids and how big are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:17 am

From what I've seen the tree bred cur dogs do good in the bay comps but have a different style of work, not long ago I went and picked up,two males from Shane Sumrall outa sandy hook ms, to try and see if there Gna fit into my line, I like the element and advantage a good lay up style of tree dog brings to the table I've hunted with a few other dogs from Shane in the past that belonged to other folks and liked what I saw....

Return to “Introduce Yourself”