Back on here after 8 years or so...

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Calitom
Facebook ID: 0

Back on here after 8 years or so...

Postby Calitom » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:13 am

Sure seems like the forum has really died down since before. Anyway...was just starting out into dogs in Colorado. Had been doing research for a year or so. So I drop some money on gear and picked up a dog from a guy named Bency and went to starting from scratch. Long story short got fed up with Colorado life and moved back to California. No cat hunting out here so sold the gear and gave the dog to a houndsman in Wyoming on the way back. Wasn't gonna have the time to deal with dogs starting up at a new job anyway. So now 8 years later been lookin at dogs again and wanting to get into Airdales of all things. Been doing as much research as I can and finding a few people that still trying to keep some working lines alive. Jagds are another option also...was actually my first terrier I looked into but run across alot of coons out and about and would rather just have one dog to start. Honestly I just want a dog to hunt everything that's legal to hunt whatever time of year as I'm always out chasing one thing or another and just like having a good dog around. Maybe I can add a hound later after 3 years of highschool wrestling and football. On a sidenote anybody in Amador or Eldorado County that doesn't mind having a tag along chasing coons or something to maybe teach a few things to a guy who's gonna be starting out would be appreciated.
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Re: Back on here after 8 years or so...

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:06 pm

I'm from Yuba County, if you have areas to hunt that way and know the area, its not all that far. I would come over to hunt.
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds

Return to “Introduce Yourself”