!!!!!!! hound club for lincoln county !!!!!!!!!!!

klamathcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

!!!!!!! hound club for lincoln county !!!!!!!!!!!

Postby klamathcathunter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:17 pm

ok help needed i have tried to locate a club and there doesnt seem to be any close. So i have the paper work need to start a ukc club here, and am now reaching out to you guys to see if i will be wasting my time. I have aguired some private property (which will remain secret until hunts are preformed) to host hunts and shows on but i will be needing 4 or 5 people to help to so. Need vp, tres,and 3 mediators/ judges. I am not going to hold just ukc hunts i will also be doing some old fashioned feild trails and maybe even a bobcat/ lion hunt contest.( i am checking with fish wildlife and parks as to the requirements and regulations that govern these types of events). so people let me know what you think and if interested call me 406-291-6307 i will be trying to hold a meeting in the first part of march in kalispell and also in eureka to gather your input. thanks again and keep them dogs looking up.
Doogie
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: !!!!!!! hound club for lincoln county !!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Doogie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:17 am

Is there enough coons to hold ukc night hunts in linclon county?? I was talking to the guy who runs the trapping supply shed in kalispell last year and he was saying how his son used to catch ALOT of coons in the river bottoms behind his place, being nosy I asked how many he'd catch a year. He said 4 or 5 lol bottom line id say yeah your wasting your time on a ukc club in NW MT.

You would be better off starting a big game club and doing just do a field trial using big game scents, And maybe a coon water race. Isnt there already a loose knit club in Eureka? Only contest you might be able to get away with is a big bobcat contest. When they held the spring field trial in Potomac years ago, guys would come from Utah for the big game drag blow out.
I ride the Leopard Cur short bus
sconrad

Postby sconrad » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:29 am

I agree to the regular big game trials. Me and a few guys have talked about it. Have never been interested in the ukc hunts but sure have fun at the big game field trials.
tman308
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby tman308 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 am

You may contact the Montana State Houndsmen Association Dacia Johnson in Three Forks. She may be able to help you with state regulations on shows and trials.
Tman308

Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart, Have Fun, and take your kids with you!
klamathcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby klamathcathunter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

To just clarify my post. I have the paper work and it states that any form of natural scent like grawes training scent applied to a leather drag and layed in a natural manner will result in ukc points the same as nite hunts and also my family has a ranch n. Of cut bank that has tons of coon. Just don't know yet if I could get enough guys to drive there to do it. That's why I am asking and yes there are coon not many but some. I have the guy from ukc checking to see if holding a hunt for western big game is the same as using a drag.
Doogie
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Doogie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 pm

The way it sounded the hunts where going to be held in Lincoln county.

I say dump the uck and consentrate on the big game aspect. Most hunters in western MT could care less about titles and the uck and racoons. You will get more people to come with open events. Let the guys who want to tittle their dogs, go to the clubs in Billings, Big Timber and Fairview that have alot of coon. Or to the 2 field trials the state Ass. puts on.

Maybe a field trial or 2 and maybe a coon hunt/field trial or two at your familys place between April and October. There hasnt been a regular occuring field trial in western MT since they stoped having the spring one in Potomac.
Doogie
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Doogie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 pm

heres the info on the other NW MT club

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=15491

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14111
bearman
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 pm

[quote="Doogie"]Is there enough coons to hold ukc night hunts in linclon county?? I was talking to the guy who runs the trapping supply shed in kalispell last year and he was saying how his son used to catch ALOT of coons in the river bottoms behind his place, being nosy I asked how many he'd catch a year. He said 4 or 5 lol bottom line id say yeah your wasting your time on a ukc club in NW MT.

ONLY TAKES 1 TO WIN....... JUST SAYIN
Badlandcat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Badlandcat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 am

If you have a UKC water race and field trail, I will judge the bench show.
I carry a gun, because I am to young to die and to old to take a a$$ whoppin'
klamathcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby klamathcathunter » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:39 am

if its an offical ukc club then dogs earn points towards titles which i know dont mean shit to us big game hunters but if you guys performance register your dogs you get paid from your dogs offspring that win.for instance say you breed your dog and some one goes to a ukc event and wins you get paid at the end of the year for points that dog aguiring i dont know about you guys but i like extra money. now i just wanna see some of us guys get together and have a good time thats the hole reason for doing this i love hounds and like to talk to people cuz you might learn something. I will be the first to admit i probably could not even catch a coon as my dogs have never been on them and are only run on cats but biggame drags do count in the ukc. was not really looking for sarcasism just people who wanna get together and have some fun in the off season.
StrawberryMt
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby StrawberryMt » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:12 pm

performance program only works for nite hunts.Field trials,water races and bench shows don't count.
Home of the Strawberry Mt line of Treeing walkers

Your either making dust or your eating it
BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BIGBLUES » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 pm

I think its a great idea to start a new hound club. I wouldn't care if its coon or big game. Its just fun to get together and compete. Needs to be more trials. I have a good place down the Bitterroot to have a trials set up but don't have the time to set it up or the knowledge. I know lots of houndsmen down here that would like to do it but none of us are very organized.

Return to “Montana”