MONTANA SPORTMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE

BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

MONTANA SPORTMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE

Postby BIGBLUES » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 am

Would just like to remind Montana residents about the MSFW and how important it is to support them and the battle on wolves. Membership is only 12.00 for youth, 35.00 for an adult and 50.00 for a family. This organization is going to do more than any other in the state. They are always open to are feedback and input.

To preserve, protect and enhance Montana's fish and wildlife resources & outdoor opportunities, and to ensure our American heritage of hunting, fishing and trapping through hands-on conservation efforts and responsible predator management by Montana sportsmen. - Mission Statement

http://www.mt-sfw.com
jaala.wickman@yahoo.com
black eye
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: MONTANA SPORTMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE

Postby black eye » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:42 am

OPEN TO FEED BACK FROM HOUNDSMEN REALLY?????????????????
SFW= ALL PREDATOR ELIMINATION!!!!!!
WAKE UP MONTANA HOUNDSMEN!!!!!!!!!

These guys dont like wolves true nor do they like lions or bears!!

Come on down to Utah and see whats left of our lion population and bears are next.

Nothing personal bigblues but these deer and elk hunters are no friends of houndsmen.

Not an opinion this is facts that has been going on for 18 years now and I have ACTIVELY been involved for 7 years!!!

The founder Don Peay showed up once to a field trial down here and sold us all the stories you are hearin now!!!!!

You have been warned do as you will.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent
$-sportsmen
F-for
W-wealthy
http://unitedwildlifecooperative.org
BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BIGBLUES » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:28 am

Not sure how many times I need to say this but its MSFW not USFW. We have a serious issue with wolves up here. I hope you guys below us don't ever have to deal with it. You should call up MSFW and pick their brain a little. Just to see where they stand. Then get back to me and let me know what you come up with. Maybe I could learn something from what you find out about MSFW. Again its a different situation up here. Its getting to the point that we don't even need to worry if theres lions around because you cant even turn loose without loosing dogs. You gotta start somewhere and MSFW is a good place to start.
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby larry » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 am

the wolf issue is getting handled without this crap organization that you keep trying to push! Using the wolf scare tactic to get people to join is a planned move and it's not reality. We will be trapping, electronic calling and multiple bag limits on wolves before you know it without the help of SFW. If you are so concerned about the wolves that you need to push SFW on everybody try taking some of that drive and go out in the field and take care of a few wolves instead. Why didn't you post this on your original thread that got hammered with what a crap organization you are peddling is? their website says enough about how they view lions, as brought up in your previous posting. We don't need to give it the momentun to turn into the Utah version. Wolves are gonna get handled just fine without it.
Kevin D
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Kevin D » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:19 am

BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: MONTANA SPORTSMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE

Postby BIGBLUES » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Now onto the Wolf issue. “SFW/Big Game Forever repeatedly asked other national organizations to join the wolf delisting effort beginning in early 2010. These groups and many other "experts" repeatedly said it couldn't be done; some even were worried "that we would upset the environmentalists" and that "the wrong party controlled the White House and the Senate." SFW/BGF set about getting support from Congress; in 2010 HR 6028 and S 3919 were introduced to provide for delisting of the gray wolf. Working with Western and Midwestern state organizations, an incredible amount of pressure was brought to bear. Congress responded by making this a hotly debated issue, particularly among western Senators and Congressmen. As a result, wolves were debated on the very last days of Congress in 2010. It appeared that an initial delisting would occur in Congress in 2010, however wolf-delisting negotiations broke down in the final hours of the last two days in which Congress was in session. SFW/BGF built on the 2010 momentum in Congress with HR 509 and S 249 in 2011 once again calling for National Delisting. The bills, co-sponsored by more than 60 Representatives and Senators and representing 32 states, continued to increase the momentum necessary for action on wolf delisting. Wolf Delisting was hitting a high pitch in DC when SFW/BGF convened a meeting in Washington in February 16, 2011, bringing together representatives from a cross-section of wildlife and sportsmen groups, the Farm Bureau, Cattlemen. It appeared that a multi-state deal was very close and efforts were commenced to include Arizona in the deal as well. These efforts were largely halted when Idaho Representative Mike Simpson, amended the first Continuing Resolution Bill to obtain delisting in Idaho and Montana. While portions of Oregon, Washington and a sliver of Utah were included as part of the delisted Distinct Population Segment, the Simpson language amounted to a deal for Idaho and Montana. In particular, the bill required "approved management plans" to manage wolf populations to protect other wildlife which clearly was targeted to just Idaho and Montana. National wildlife organizations endorsed Congressman Simpson's amendment (which later became known as the Simpson/Tester amendment) in addition to S 249 and HR 509. This action immediately switched the focus from national delisting as Congress turned it's attention to the bill which is now included as part of the continuing resolution to fund the government. SFW/BGF worked for the last several weeks to improve upon the two state delisting and was able to provide some safe harbor language for Wyoming due primarily to perceived inequities of reversing a favorable court ruling for Wyoming's plan. No additional improvements were provided. End Result: The Simpson amendment prevailed - not because of the work done by national organizations- rather because of the extensive support for Congressional delisting built over the last year. It is apparent that key Senators in the Democratic majority passed the Simpson/Tester amendment in response to the groundwork that had been laid for national wolf delisting by SFW/BGF. When well known national organizations capitulated to political pressure and supported all options, these members of Congress felt they had sufficient political support from the sportsmen community to pass a watered-down bill. While Congressional intervention to provide for lasting wolf delisting is an important symbolic step in the right direction, it is clear that the bill did not solve the issue for 48 states. We are grateful SFW/BGF was not afraid to take on the fight and build the firestorm to ensure some level of wolf delisting. I am proud to have been a part of their effort and know from where I speak because I was in the belly of the beast as things were unfolding and witnessed this incredible happening."

Now you tell me who is doing the work for us in montana??? Larry I understand that when a person is not very educated that they tend to go off what others say and think. Its too bad you can't have an opinion of your own that was made of factual research about the MONTANA SPORTSMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE. AGAIN ITS MONTANA SPORTSMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE not UTAH.
bluesage
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bluesage » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:29 pm

I too am a Big fan of Big Game Forever and fully support them in the work that they have done. We have to ride the coat tails of those who have the voice they are not doing anything to hurt the hunting opportunities of houdsmen.
black eye
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby black eye » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Hurt hunting opportunity? Not Yet!

Dont bend over in the jail house shower and you wont be surprised either!

And if you dont think Don Peay will be in on this you are mistaken.

Good luck with these deer hunters.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent
$-sportsmen
F-for
W-wealthy
http://unitedwildlifecooperative.org
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby larry » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Boy you sure know alot about the SFW.... Makes me really think yer a wolf in sheeps clothing. Far as who is going to take care of the wolf problem, I'll put my money on the stockgrowers for having the weight to get something done, just need other organizations to keep them from throwing lions under the bus along with the wolves like came up in Jefferson cnty, SFW would gladly jump on that bandwagon with the stockgrowers IMO. There is alot to be learned from the guys in Utah.
BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BIGBLUES » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:59 pm

The more people that join together in this fight the better. Voice your opinion to every organization possible so you can be heard and hopefully make a difference. Bottom line is we need to work together and stand together.
BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BIGBLUES » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Larry if you would please educate me on the MONTANA SPORTSMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE and let me know what they are doing to devastate the lion hunting in Montana. I figure since you seem to be very out spoken and knowledgeable about this topic, please enlighten me. Maybe I could learn something from you.
Bearkiller
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bearkiller » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Don't buy the hype.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000127044925

Postby kehrer10 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Keep sfw and bgf out of Montana! All they are, are big money orginizations that don't give 2 s#!t$ about the regular guy. Montanan's can and have always been able to handle situations without slick polaticians spewing garbage out of their mouths. Please do some research before jumping in bed with any too good to be true movement or organization. If you truelly believe in these 2 organizations I feel sorry for you.
jeremy
Badlandcat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Badlandcat » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:31 pm

SFW wants to kill ANYTHING with teeth!!! We have enough problems here in MT without these jerks.
If they want to do something about the mule deer pop. lets see them get the 70 year old 5 week gun season changed, get some elk thinned out, get some mountain sides cleared off so the browse can grow again and move the houses off the winter range!!!!
All I every read about them is kill anything with teeth and pimping out tags. JMO
I carry a gun, because I am to young to die and to old to take a a$$ whoppin'
BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BIGBLUES » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 am

You guys in Greatfalls and Billings have a different situation over east. Your elk numbers are growing and ours are depleting in the west. Maybe this is why your uneducated on the problem at hand here in the west. I find probably 15-20 wolf tracks to every one lion track at least. That gives us a pretty good reason to want to kill those "animals with teeth" (wolves). As far as the deer go in the eastern part of the state quite a few have died from harsh winters like last winter and blue tongue.

Return to “Montanaâ€