Montana Federation of Houndsmen

jhelvik
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Montana Federation of Houndsmen

Postby jhelvik » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 pm

The hunt we held in early August was a significant hunt. Not only was it the last hunt of our coonhound of the year competition, but it was also a RQE for the World Coonhound Championship. Before I talk about the hunt I would like to introduce to you our new club officers for the 2008-2009 year: President – George Kauffman, Vice President – Mark Bates, Secretary/Treasurer – AJ Spidell, Correspondent – Justin Helvik. Congratulations to all our new officers.
As I mentioned the August hunt marked the end or our Coonhound of the Year competition. The Coonhound of the Year champion is determined by a point system. One receives points for entering hunt (10 points), winning a hunt (35 points), or being a MOH (15 points).
Here are the results:
1st) NITECH CH ‘PR’ T-Top Hilltop Shelley RED, Mark Bates
2nd) NITECH CH ‘PR’ Big Elk’s Outlaw Cash RED, Justin Helvik
3rd) NITECH ‘PR’ Smith’s Oney’s Sounder ENG, Orwan Smith
Show Dog of the Year:
1st) NITECH CH ‘PR’ T-Top Hilltop Shelley RED, Mark Bates
2nd) CH ‘PR’ T-top Timber Shaker RED, Mark Bates

Congratulations to Mark Bates for taking home the gold in both competitions.

The RQE hunt shaped up to be a great hunt and we had some fine hounds show up for the even August 1st and 2nd. Here are the results for August 1st Friday night hunt:
1st) CH ‘PR’ Sage Creek Sky B&T, Todd Seymanski
August 2nd, Saturday Night
1st) CH ‘PR’ T-top Timber Shaker RED, Mark Bates

All of these dogs qualified for the World Coonhound Championship Zone 8 qualifier in Heber, Utah. Also qualified from Montana was NITECH CH ‘PR’ T-Top Hilltop Shelley handled by Mark Bates. NITECH CH ‘PR’ Big Elk’s Outlaw Cash handled and owned by Justin Helvik placed 3rd overall at the Zone in Utah.

Our next hunt and bench show will be held October 3rd and 4th in Laurel, MT. This hunt marks the beginning of the coonhound of the year season. We strongly encourage all to attend and bring a friend to introduce to this great sport.
NITECH CH 'PR' Big Elk's Bad News Bo
NITECH CH 'PR' Big Elk's Outlaw Cash

Image Image Image
Rookie
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Oct hunt

Postby Rookie » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:29 am

Didn'y you all have a coon hunt in October ? If so you should use this web site for all it's worth could help get more houndsmen at your hunt's
jhelvik
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Montana Federation of Houndsmen

Postby jhelvik » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:51 pm

I will be sure to post the future results of the hunts on here. I do agree with you that we should do everything possible to get more people to come. Thank you for your input. I will be posting the dates for the future Nite Hunts and Field Trials later this week. We will have a Nite Hunt in Laurel, MT in April and will have a Field Trial in Lewistown. I will post the specifics soon.
NITECH CH 'PR' Big Elk's Bad News Bo
NITECH CH 'PR' Big Elk's Outlaw Cash

Image Image Image

Return to “Montana”