new to trapping

Postby Cole H Willams » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 pm

i am new at trapping im not sure how to use lures
catslayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: new to trapping

Postby catslayer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 pm

If you are new to trapping and you want to learn how to catch bobcats,you need to buy the video that is put out by Steve Wood from Sparks Nevada called "bobcatching" vol. 1 and 2.It is a very fact filled video and he breaks everything down and shows you step by step on how to make successful sets and how and where to place lures and baits.Its a great video and I would be lost without it :D You can find it on ebay for about 35 bucks or so but well worth every dime.He caught 90+ cats in 06' so he must be doin somethin right :D I heard that He had a bad year last season and only caught 52 :D I wish i could have an off year like that one of these years :D Good luck and buy the video!!Get on Ebay and type in "bobcatching" in a search and it will pop up.Steve is a great guy and he has helped me with allot of stuff via email since i have got his video.Great guy with lots of knowledge!!
Last edited by catslayer on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
here kitty kitty kitty!!
Arkansas Frog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Arkansas Frog » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:50 am

if you are new to Trapping you should join Trapperman.com they will educate you on every thing.
Frog
youngdawg
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby youngdawg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 am

I wouldn't take any tips from steve wood, I have seen first hand his trashy trapping practices. steve will set ontop of other trappers (snares on both sides of someone elses sets) cut tie downs,(cables) throw debris on their trap sets, set off their traps, turn their traps upside down, and take materials that someone else has collected for funneling down to their sets all of this I have seen first hand and have pics of these poor practices. I would not lead someone else in the direction of him their are far better trappers to learn from. Sorry to have to be like this but what steve does is wrong and here it is illegal to tamper with someones traps and I have zero tollerance for it.
High Desert

Postby High Desert » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:35 pm

So have you talked to steve about this ? It would be appreciated if you would talk this over with Steve and get his feed back before you go posting all of this for everone to see. You want to post all of this about Steve first get his permission after you talk it over with him other wise all of what your saying is just second hand information.
HONDO

Postby HONDO » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:13 am

If you have pictures then I am sure that you showed them to NDOW since you have no tolerance for these illegal actions ? I personally have known the man for years and call B.S . If you have a problem with the man handle it like a man .

Nigel Macomber
dognamedsue

Postby dognamedsue » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:49 pm

I bought all 3 of steve woods videos and they have helped me alot! I also live here in nevada so if I were you I would try to find as much material and information to match the country where you plan on trapping if possible. I don't know Steve Wood personally but would like to meet him and all the great trappers here in Nevada to pick their brains one day! I am sure there are great trappers there where you live that would be willing to help you out.

Return to “Trapping”