lean pole set for dp trappne

A Place to discuss Trapping
KYBoy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

lean pole set for dp trappne

Postby KYBoy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:19 am

hi everone this well be my fist yeare of trappen. and i have been reading about a set called a lean pole set it would seam like a good idea for a dog proof trap since it put the trap up off the ground. see how i am new to this i was wounden does anyone use this set. and does it same like a good one as dog proof set. also what do you use if for i am in S.E. KY so i am thinking mostl coon and bobcatS. but i have heard some clame it will work for mink and fox if anyone has had any luck withe it let me know i can use all the help i can get thinkes
yoopergat
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: lean pole set for dp trappne

Postby yoopergat » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:01 am

make sure you read your state regulations on conibear traps. in mi we have to have any trap bigger then a 160 with bait at least 4 feet off of the ground to keep it away from the dogs. the leaning pole set works well with coon and i would guess for cat as well. i know lots of people use them for marten and fisher with great success. i would think if your going to be looking to target bobcat i would make sure to use a little larger size log with a lesser angle than for coon. you can also use footholds in the leaning pole just a little trickier to get to stay on there. if you want to take a look at trapperman.com and look on there. theres piles of info on many different kinds of sets.

andrew

Return to “Trapping”