darn good day in southern UT

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
trapper_84

darn good day in southern UT

Postby trapper_84 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:51 am

I had an opportunity to call in sick and make a four hour drive last night too hunt with an A+ Houndman by the name of Jeff Allen. I was blown a way by his hounds and his dedication to the sport. We treed two really good toms. Thanks to pepper and his hole gang of lion eating female friends. My blue dog pups got a really good mother flipin lessons on running lions with there hole hart. I hope there will be many more hunts to come with that good ole' boy. And not to mention i got a hell of good looking male puppy from Jeff that the little boy was darn happy to see and have as a new hunting partner.
Last edited by trapper_84 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keep your head high your face in the wind and lets go hunting BROTHER
Riley Dabling
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 1067826184

darn good day in suthern UT

Postby Riley Dabling » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Very cool
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: darn good day in suthern UT

Postby Mike Leonard » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Glad you had fun with Jeff and it sound like a really great day. Jeff's old line dogs of which Pepper is double bred really do the job when conditions get tough and for those of you who haven't hunted that area conditions can change day to day and to have consisitant success you have to have hounds that can handle and adapt to the change.

I would encourage those who have a really super trailing female that they would like to get a pup out of try to hook up with Jeff and breed to Pepper before he is gone. Jeff told me he just seems to be one of those extreemly dominant type reproducers like old Hank and Ace were and your certainly can't go wrong with that.
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
trapper_84

Postby trapper_84 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:09 am

Hi Mike Jeff talked real high of you it was cool to hear about the stories and dogs. my pup is out of the Hank and Ace line. Jeff told me if i want it to be a super star that i had to name it Hank or Ace after his father and grandfather. Im so used to the snow that the conditions blew me a way. Happy hunting friend
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:09 pm

If it is a female the name Kate or Cindy will also help it. LOL!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
trapper_84

Postby trapper_84 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 am

If im thinking right he has a Kate dog right now and she is a lions worst nightmare. i hope to one day get one of those females but you know Jeff he like his girls. I for got to ask Jeff but do you know the biggest diff in the old line and the new line. Thanks a mill
Lost River
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: darn good day in southern UT

Postby Lost River » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 am

Jeff's a one of a kind, part mountain man, part hill billly and part hound dawg. He is a kick in the pants and I can't imagine not having an adventure on any outting with him. I ran Pepper all summer and have a pup out of him that has made two trees this winter at 14 weeks old now. Thinking I might grab another one when I am down there at Easter. Enjoy that dog you got from him and thanks for sharing the story. Casey
Dillon
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Dillon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:43 am

Hi there,Im still very new to hounds.I bought 4 hounds off of Jeff last month.two were finished and two were started.I hadnt ever even been lion hunting before,I've been hunting my dogs for a few weeks.I am shocked at how these dogs are exactly what Jeff said they were.I treed a nice Tom this last Thursday,and a smaller lion on Friday.I'm thankful for being recommended to Jeff by houndsmen on this site.I deffinetly hooked.
blackpaws
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby blackpaws » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Belle is another one of his favorites.

i have Pepper's littermate sister here now. Does anyone know who the parents are of Pepper and that litter? I also have a female here that is out of pepper and i think he said Nancy. Should cross good back to my son of Tucker that so far seems to throw some good pups.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”