Open Mouth

Re: BILL INTRODUCED TO BAN PURSUIT OF BEAR AND BOBCAT IN CA

Postby Dale T » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Peter Meyer
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Peter Meyer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Yesterday I talked to the clerk of the Senate Natural Reources and Water Committee and found out that there will be a public hearing on S.B. , or wait is it B.S. 1221 on April 24th and the public will be allowed to comment. This won't be like the Fish and Game Commission meetings, you will be speaking in front of nine California Senators. If this bill passes their committee we are in deep you know what. It takes a simple majority for a bill to move through a committee. Five votes and we can kill this bill and shove down the HSUS's, Senator Lieu's, and Senator Steinbergs' throats. This is the beginning of the HSUS's evil master plan to end all hunting in America and California Houndsmen are being dropped behind enemy lines. Call all your friends who fish and hunt, even fly fisherman and bowhunters because we are all in this together. I will have time and location of the meeting soon. I'll be there. And to any HSUS staffers reading this post: I hope you can sleep well at night with a clear conscience, you bastards are destroying America. -Pete
Bar K Black and Tans Placerville CA
"We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" -Benjamin Franklin replying to John Hancock's remark that the revolutionaries should be unanimous in their action. July 4, 1776 at the signing of the Declaration of Independence
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:53 pm

If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
Tom A

Postby Tom A » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Make sure everybody knows about SB 1221. I talked to a couple of houndsmen this week that did not know about it. And a few that are letting their local hound clubs do all the work of making phone calls and writing letters.
Lets get the word out we all need to do our part. Flood the Senate offices with mail and phone calls.
BOSS HOG
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BOSS HOG » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:57 am

I have pre made opposition letters for people to sign. I will also have a booth set up this weekend in front of a local gun store, getting people to sign them. If anyone else would like a copy of the letter please let me know and I will gladly email one to you
In times of tyranny and injustice, when law opresses the people, the outlaw takes his place in history....
benlow

Postby benlow » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 pm

I have written letters and emailed all of the Senators listed here. Some of the Email addresses do not work and you have to go to their sight and hit the contact me button and fill out a form to e-mail them.

I hope we win this one. Some thing else needs to be done. I have been talking to people that own hounds and do not even know about this legislation.

I also know there is a lot of people out there that are thinking this will not happen. Well I fought prop 117 years ago. Helped a guy named Jim Eptin out fighting it. We lost back then and and we can lose this now.

Tell every one you know and get them in on this fight.
bluedogs
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby bluedogs » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:19 pm

how much money does bear hunting bring in from out of staters i know there are a ton of guys around me that head to california come bear season might be a good point to tell them how much they will be loosing from out of state hunters and then how much they will be spending to take care of bears that are causing damage.
cant never could
Mikes Hero
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Mikes Hero » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:37 am

I have hunted California as a nonresisdent the last 5 years. Here is my estimated expenditure on an average.

Liscence & tag: $400

8-10 days lodging: $700

Fuel: $500

Food: $250

Other: $200

Total: $2050/year

Years Hunted - 5

Total in the last 5 years; $10,250

Bears Harvested: 1
RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby RIFLEMAN » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:22 am

Thank you guys for hearing the call and making your voices heard. We've got to keep up the effort and continue the momentum we are starting.

As of Friday afternoon, the date for the hearing has been confirmed as Tuesday, 24-APR. SB 1221 will most likely be placed first on the agenda, but this has not yet been confirmed. Similarly, the Committee will likely need to move to a larger room given the attention this bill is getting.

As was indicated by others, it is incredibly important that everyone be made aware of this legislation and provided the necessary information to react. To this end, we need to make sure that those who use neither email nor the Internet are notified of the situation and what they can do to help. They are encouraged to join CHC so that they can be added to the phone tree that has been set up for this bill.

-Josh
CHC President
CRA
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby CRA » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:34 pm

benlow

Postby benlow » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Please sign this petition I have started. Let me know what you think of it too. I can make changes to it. Feel free to post it where you wish. Thanks Bennie

KLS
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby KLS » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Keep up the pressure guys!!
I have called every Dem on the list 4 times each, leave the Reb alone, their clearly on our side and don't need any conviencing.
this is WAR!! I can tell by the tone of the people's voice that answer their phones
that they are getting tired of hearing from us! keep it up!! i'm going to fire off another round of emails tonight the more the better.
If you live near Sacramento or close by PLEASE make that meeting!!, dress nice, shave, no camo or ragged clothing ,dirty hats ect. it's very important to not play into our enemys stereotypes,i am working on getting the So. Cal hunters together for a possible road trip,ill keep you posted.
Take another few minutes and call, write and fax again, we know our enemys are :twisted:
THIS IS A WAR :!: NO HOLDS BARRED AND PLAYING NICE WILL NOT WORK :evil: ,kick them when their down and don't let them get back up.
Keep it up, good work so far, three weeks until D-day :!:
ol'guy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby ol'guy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:20 am

vermontbearhound association let us know how we can help contact us on web site ,don't lag have annual meeting April 14
John Proud
director
vermontbearhound@yahoo.com
Ktarvin

Postby Ktarvin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 pm

What time is the meeting at On the 24 th
halfbreed
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby halfbreed » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm

thought i would post this up for you to see how our brothers in arms
www.humanewatch.org is helping to fight hsus
these are billboards they put up in times square

i wish every one would go to their page and sign up for the facebook and e-mail updates and help to share them all across the www. the more people informed the less donations coming in to lobby against us with
hattak at ofi pisa

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogsâ€