BILL INTRODUCED TO BAN PURSUIT OF BEAR AND BOBCAT IN CA

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
yeager
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: BILL INTRODUCED TO BAN PURSUIT OF BEAR AND BOBCAT IN CA

Postby yeager » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:00 am

"HSUS: Against all Hunting

It’s hard to believe that an organization opposes all hunting. But it’s true about the Humane Society of the United States. The organization’s CEO, Wayne Pacelle, learned the ropes of the animal rights lobby working for the Fund for Animals, which was founded to abolish all hunting. He left to run the government affairs shop at HSUS, and rose to the CEO position in 2004.

HSUS later merged with the Fund for Animals and hired its senior staff, including ardent opponents of hunting Michael Markarian and Heidi Prescott, veterans of earlier efforts to ban hunting across the United States.

Here are quotes from HSUS that explain the agenda of the organization.

“As a matter of principle, The HSUS opposes the hunting of any living creature for fun, trophy, or sport because of the animal trauma, suffering, and death that result. A humane society should not condone the killing of any sentient creature in the name of sport.” The Humane Society of the United States “Statement on Wild Animals, March 2012.

http://www.humanesociety.org/about/poli ... ement_wild
_animals.html

“We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States … We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state.” Wayne Pacelle, Senior VP Humane Society of the US (HSUS), formerly of Fund for Animals, Full Cry Magazine, October 1, 1990.

“If we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would.” Wayne Pacelle, Senior VP Humane Society of the US (HSUS), formerly of Fund for Animals, Associated Press, Dec 30, 1991.

Senate Bill 1221 is not about hunting bears and bobcats with hounds. It’s about one more step in a crusade by anti-hunting organizations to ban all hunting. Despite all of their attempts to mainstream their image, the Humane Society of the United States can’t escape its actions, or the words they have written. Thank goodness for that."
"Semper Fidelis"
yeager
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby yeager » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:20 am

We cannot stop now folks; we must continue the onslaught so that our voices can be heard LOUD AND CLEAR!
Let's continue to send letters, Emails, faxes and Phone calls...

On your next letter include how you will not purchase a Bear or Bobcat Tag this year or any year if this Bill passes! Let them know how much you actually spend each year during the bear and bobcat season, be brief but to the point.

We must continue to flood their communication lines with our voices and passion for hound hunting.... We will not be beaten or misrepresented by individuals that do not respect our heritage and way of life... I myself have served for my freedoms, and I will not sit back and allow these overzealous emotional misfits speak in my behalf...
"Semper Fidelis"
Tom A

Postby Tom A » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:41 am

I'm not going to tell them that I'm not buying a tag if this bill passes. Thats what they want.

Hell I'm going to hunt harder and saver every last minute. :agmnt
yeager
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby yeager » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:24 am

If they Ban Bear hunting with hounds in CA, I will no longer hunt bear here in california, I will go out of state and hunt somewhere else with my hounds, I will let them figure out their bear mangement problem. I spent over $3,000 in gas, food licences and tags; during the 2011 bear season alone...
I could of spent more, however, I was limited on my days off and other commitments.
If they realize the revenue and contribution that we offer towards our economy they would not be supporting this foolish SB 1221.

Sorry for my rant but it's very upsetting when politicians obscure their ability to make logical and sound decisions by overzealous misfits promoting ridiculous Bills...
"Semper Fidelis"
brian j cerelli
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby brian j cerelli » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:18 pm

other then emails and letters, what else can us out of staters do? i have spent my fair share of money down there bear hunting and was planning to hunt in cali in the future, would us guys throwing money down there help?
meagain
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 1395811165

Postby meagain » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 pm

I just had a conversation with Senator Simitian's Secretary. I was told that the Senator would like to receive as many Letters as we can get to him by sending them via Fax at the following number (916)323-4529
He would like to be able to go to the committee with a large stack of fax letters.

Let's flood them with letters!
Last edited by meagain on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lloyd Close
CRA
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby CRA » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:53 am

Well Guys and Gals,

Letters and faxes! Lets run them out of paper. Send letters to all the senators from every member in your family.
RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby RIFLEMAN » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:58 am

RIFLEMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby RIFLEMAN » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:04 am

Justin B

Postby Justin B » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:55 am

HSUS seriously advertises this BS!??
http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/hound_hunting/
BOSS HOG
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BOSS HOG » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 am

what a bunch of horse shit,that video couldent be any farther from the truth. THIS IS A CLASSIC REASON WHY YOU DONT PUT YOUR HUNTING VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE!!!!
In times of tyranny and injustice, when law opresses the people, the outlaw takes his place in history....
Ktarvin

Postby Ktarvin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Can someone pls let us know what time the meeting is at
BOSS HOG
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BOSS HOG » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 pm

the time and room# for the April 24th meeting have not been set yet.
In times of tyranny and injustice, when law opresses the people, the outlaw takes his place in history....
skot1120
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby skot1120 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 pm

I called all the Senator on the Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee Members. Super easy!!! Literly took me 15 minutes!! The people are super easy to talk to. All they want to know is if you support or oppose sb1221 and where you live so they can log the call. Im from Colorado and a few of the secretary were very pleasent and happy to hear from an out of stater. On the other hand one said she wasnt going to log the call because i didnt live in cali. then i told her that all the other secretary were keeping log of out of state calls she decide to log my call. The only Upsetting thing was that one secretary told me that I was the FRIST person from colorado to call!!!!! WTF colo boys. Get on it. Fifteen minutes of your life to protect our life style!

Fran Pavley (D), Chair
State Capitol, Room 4035 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4006
Fax: (916) 323-2263
Email: senator.pavley@sen.ca.gov

Doug La Malfa (R), Vice Chair
State Capitol, Room 3070 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4004
Fax: (916) 445-7750
Email: senator.lamalfa@sen.ca.gov

Anthony Cannella (R)
State Capitol, Room 3048 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4012
Fax: (916) 445-0773
Email: senator.cannella@sen.ca.gov

Noreen Evans (D)
State Capitol, Room 4034 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4002
Fax: (916) 323-6958
Email: senator.evans@sen.ca.gov

Jean Fuller (R)
State Capitol, Room 3063 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4018
Fax: (916) 322-3304
Email: senator.fuller@sen.ca.gov

Christine Kehoe (D)
State Capitol, Room 5050 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4039
Fax: (916) 327-2188
Email: senator.kehoe@sen.ca.gov

Alex Padilla (D)
State Capitol, Room 4038 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4020
Fax: (916) 324-6645
Email: senator.padilla@sen.ca.gov

Joe Simitian (D)
State Capitol, Room 2080 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4011
Fax: (916) 323-4529
Email: senator.simitian@sen.ca.gov

Lois Wolk (D)
State Capitol, Room 5114 Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4005
Fax: (916) 323-2304
Email: senator.wolk@sen.ca.gov
Peter Meyer
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Peter Meyer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 am

Today I called all nine members of the committee to voice my opposition to S.B. 1221
Unfortunately the board has only three Republicans out of the nine. When I talked to a staffer for my State Senator who is not on the committee and I told her of the discrepancy on the committee she said that Democrats usually stick together and regardless of the merits of the bill it will probably pass committee just to spite the Republicans. But thankfully my State Senator, Ted Gaines opposes S.B. 1221.
Don't forget to get ahold of Senator Ted Lieu, the author of this insidious piece of legislation. His phone number is (916) 651-4028 His address is

The Honorable Ted Lieu (Honorable? Really?)
California State Senate
State Capitol Room 4090
Sacramento Ca 95814

His email is senator.lieu@sen.ca.gov

Also don't forget Senator Darrell Steinberg. He co-authored the bill and referred to Fish and Game Commission President Dan Richards as a "jackass"

The Honorable Darrell Steinberg
California State Senate
State Capitol Room 205
Sacramento Ca 95814 senator.steinberg@sen.ca.gov

So please drop them a line too and let them know how you feel. -Pete
Bar K Black and Tans Placerville CA
"We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" -Benjamin Franklin replying to John Hancock's remark that the revolutionaries should be unanimous in their action. July 4, 1776 at the signing of the Declaration of Independence

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”