NMDG&F

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Big Mike
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: NMDG&F

Postby Big Mike » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:23 pm

I think its going to happen. Even if the anti's make a push I think we are going to be able to hunt lions year round or close to it.

The bigger opposition will be to get the depredation bears not to count against the quota. We have a good commission and governor now that don't cave to the anti's like the Richardson era.

I ready to saddle up and keep them tudy's worn out!!!
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:49 pm

That's good news Big Mike!

I have mixed emotions about the predator bears but I am not sure what the answer is . I think we need to be sensitive to how many sows are killed regardless the reason. Without sows we will have no future bear to hunt. I know that sows become predators too and these have to be handled.,nuisance bears are another matter. I mean the press of urban sprawl is upon the land and it is just the nature of an omnivore to get into anything that smells like food. I think we need to be pretty discriminate when passing out the death sentances to the occasional sow that gets in Granny's trash can.
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
R Corvin

Postby R Corvin » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 am

I GUESS WE ARE NOT ASKING YOU TO SHOW UP IN RUIDOSO TO VOTE IT'S MORE THAT WE NEED TO EMAIL EVERY COMMISSIONER AND THE DEPT HEADS EVERY TIME THEY GET AN EMAIL OR A LETTER IT NOT LIKE THEY JUST PUT IT A SIDE THEY HAVE TO KEEP UP WITH THE NUMBERS SO I GUESS IN A WAY WE ARE VOTING, BUT AGAIN WE STILL NEED TO SHOW UP IN JUNE BECAUSE YOUR RIGHT THE OTHER SIDE WILL BE THER IN FORCE. LAST YEAR AT THE COMMISSION MEETING IN ALBUQ., WHEN WE WERE DOING THIS WE WERE ASK, EVERY ONE THAT WAS IN FAVOR OF WHAT THE DEPT WAS RECCOMMENDING ( INCREASING BEAR AND LION HARVEST LIMITS) TO STAND UP AND WE BY FAR OUT NUMBERED THE OTHER SIDE. SO YOUR RIGHT WE REALLY TO MAKE A SHOW. ALSO WE NEED TO STAND UP AND VOICE ARE CONCERNS AT THAT MEETING. SO PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. THANKS
Big Mike
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Big Mike » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Definitely write letters to all the commissioners and show support for the changes. Their votes/minds are ussually made up by the time the meeting.

Showing support at the meeting is important too, so its not 1 sided, the anti's always seem to show up.

I saw at a commission meeting in Alb when the quota was first going to put in place the commissioners post poned a vote because of the overwhelming number of hunters that showed up opposed the vote.

If your in favor of the year round lion hunting this would be worth a guys time to take a day off and go
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 pm

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/commission/index.htm

Here is the site for the commision addresses.

I already sent my letters.
MIKE LEONARD
dirtydan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby dirtydan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 am

I'm gonna end up broke and single next year if this really happens
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am

dirtydan,

You may end up single but that has never happened to a lion hunter before. LOL! but what a way to go!
MIKE LEONARD
dirtydan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby dirtydan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Just don't tell my old lady or she will go vote against us :lol:
Tracknthetrail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Tracknthetrail » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Broke and single seems to be the only way I will be able to hunt as much this year. I am up in Colorado looking at some hounds to come back to Tx with me, the wife is gonna kill me. I just had to put down my best hound last week due to kidney failure, so I am stopping by a good friends place that got me into hounds 20 yrs ago. I know I will come outa there with a replacement......or two.

What is the date of that meeting in June? I started off chasing bears and lions in New Mexico, so I sure would like to be there for support if I can swing the days off, be a good excuse to visit some old friends too.
Get the kids out there with you as often as you can, this day and age they can be so influenced by social media it is scary.

R Corvin

Postby R Corvin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

MEETING I THINK IS GOING TO BE JUNE 21st. 2012 AT THE INN OF THE MOUNTAIN GODS. 287 CARRIZOO CANYON RD. MESCALERO N.M. THEY NORMALLY START AROUND 9:00 A.M. GO TO NMGF WEB SITE , GO TO COMMISSION SCEDULE TO CHECK TIME AND PLACE AS THEY CAN CHANGE AT LAST MINUTE. THANKS RON

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”