oregon outdoor council

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
DogLakeBlues
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

oregon outdoor council

Postby DogLakeBlues » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 pm

I heard Jared Broadfoot on the Lars larson show on friday and it sounds like they are finally going in the right direction to help us get our rights as oregon citizens and outdoorsmen back to us.Sounds like they need a turnout in the capital on tuesday. Anybody going?
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: oregon outdoor council

Postby Unreal_tk » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:50 pm

I am locked up at work, I sent emails in to all the committee members.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby mike martell » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:57 pm

I will be present.

This is a critical time for getting our hunting rights back.

This will be our last chance! This fails we are done for good.

I suspect we will be properly represented by OOC-Ousda.

We need a solid turn out of hound hunters to support the efforts.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 am

I understand Stan Steele will represent OOC and Oregon hound/sport hunters tomorrow.

Please folks, if you only show up to represent a number it makes a statement!
These meetings are difficult to attend during the week given most folks work to support those who will be present tomorrow to fight against our rights....If you can swing it please attend!
Hearing Room D @ 8:00 AM.

Civil discussion in support of sport hunting with hounds if you testify.

Mike
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Testimony on the cougar bills just concluded. Support for the bills was overwhelming and only four people showed up to oppose the bills (Humane Society, Sierra Club, Cougar Protection). There were so many sportsmen and women there to support the bills they are going to have another hearing to get everyone in to testify. OOC President Stan Steele and past President Wayne Endicott testified as well as partners at OHA, RMEF, OR Chapter of FNAWS, Leupold, OR State Granges, OR Farm Bureau, OR Cattlemen and more! Rep. Wayne Krieger stated that the Oregon Outdoor Council is the strongest organization representing natural resource interests in Oregon.
DogLakeBlues
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby DogLakeBlues » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Mike thanks for the update! Do you know when the next hearing will be so we can schedule time off of work to attend! I will be e-mailing the Rep. that oregon outdoor council website suggest tonight.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 pm

DLB.
Not sure when the next meeting will be set. This will be the one to attend....I will work with our District Representative and have her give me as much notice as possible for scheduleing purposes....

Please keep the emails going. Short accurate and to the point. Pretty big help for our cause this time when three of the ten sitting representatives have a personal cougar story!

Thanks!
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Unreal_tk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:20 am

If you are not a member of the council, I can send you the email they sent me with pre written guidelines to email the commitee. Just give me a email address.
DogLakeBlues
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby DogLakeBlues » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 am

I talked with Jared Broadfoot today and he said HB 2634 will be going to a work session on the 16th and he would like to see the e-mails continue to the representives. He also said they are rewritting the bill and have to remove Bears (bummer).He sounded very positive though and my thought was we would take any thing we could get. I am still working on new memberships down here in Klamath Falls so OOC has a bigger e-mail base to help get the word out a little more.Thanks for all the hard work and hours spent on this OOC.
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Unreal_tk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 am

Guys do not forget in your travels while in the woods... take pictures and lots of them of any predator damage. Winter kills, bear peels, etc.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Clearly Dale T.

This is set to fail, all of it, cougar included! We need to expose the truth. Baiting is also a part of the bear bill and if it is unacceptable to bait than maybe we need to illustrate a snare on the House floor set over a rank bait and expose Government's killing of female sows with cubs, labeling the baby cubs as "unknowns", the dumping them over the bank and then pose the real debate....You hate hounds and bait but clearly accept snares and baits as a management tool replacement? Wake up people!

All you need do is produce the weapons of mass destruction and compare them to hounds and we would not be facing the resistance we are experiencing so soon in this battle....As CRA has stated in the California thread....GET OUT OF YOUR COMA PEOPLE!

Mike
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:30 pm

Just on a side note....
What is the response on this board when a dog hunter post a photo of a sub standard bear or cougar....They get pounced on and pummled....Why is it acceptable to all you viewers on BGH to allow government to kill kitten cougar and landfill them and kill baby cubs and dump them over the bank and no out cry?

Take the same energy you put into a feeding frenzy against a fellow hound hunter and go after Government!
DogLakeBlues
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby DogLakeBlues » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 am

Maybe somebody on here can get some pictures of the usda trappers snares in action sent to OOC.Sooner or later the truth has to be told through pictures and not just words on the senate floor and maybe that will help these people decide.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:58 pm

I have seriously been thinking about doing a short video of a snare in action.Just the mechanics of the apparatus and how it works and the outcome. I was mandated shortly after the ban in 1994 into using them instead of hounds where I do my fall ADC control work. Legally, I can't as much as haze a bear with a hound on public ground if my dogs reach that point,hazing for those of you that don't understand the term is simply chasing a bear to create a diversion until the crops are harvested, if I remain on private property than there are no issues to reduce crop related damage, once a bear crosses the line in any form of damage, under Oregon law that animal loses its big game classification and becomes a predator.

Once this happens the rule book goes out the window and you can simply eradicate the animal. I can draw as many bear to the location with bait, and snare as many bears as I can kill. Once I kill all the boars in one location the sows will follow. I refuse to use snares simply because in one drainage there is a sow that raises two cinnamon cubs every two years.She has never stepped one foot on the crop grounds but resides a quarter of a mile up one of the drainages behing the crop grounds. I could have killed her in ten minutes and have done so many years ago. If I would have killed her, i would have killed as many as two dozen bear by what she has reproduced and what her offspring would have reproduced and all for no legitimate reason.

This makes as much sense as placing a sign on a busy highway that reads free beer next stop and then shooting you for stopping in for a cold one! Management 101.....My a@@! This is just killing....You got a problem with the ethics associated with a hound? The very first year I was mandated into snares, I killed ten boars in two locations, all of them weighed from 200-500 pounds.I also have the kill reports from the freedom of information act from Odfw with the hard numbers to support any and all claims in hand. You want to call b.s. on this....Bring it on. The facts and truth will end this controversy once and for all....The time has come to level the playing field! What say you?

Who is good at posting pictures? I also refuse to post pictures, but under these conditions probably would not object to the truth being revealed. I have ADC pictures that will make you puke of bears in snares and in barrel traps. This needs to be openly discussed on this board with input from others.....Lets hear what others think about going public with what goes on behind the scenes?

Are we going to allow our rights to be flushed down the toilet or fight back with what we have in hand and happens to be the truth? Feel free to call me. I'm tired of the bullshit in Oregon....

541-602-1398

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”