Garmin DC40 discontinued

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Nrutt
Facebook ID: 0

Garmin DC40 discontinued

Postby Nrutt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 am

I got a email that they are not making DC 40 anymore has anyone else heard this. I'm glad I have alpha but one day that will be discontinued but my opion it will be awhile. Garmin is like verizon they just have to keep up with technology and so will I
I love my alpha.
rigit
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Garmin DC40 discontinued

Postby rigit » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:23 am

Hell I'm still rocking the dc30 and astro 220 and just bought 2 more dc30 from buddy @ double u hunting supplies I still love my stuff!
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 am

Yes, I'm not sure what's going on with that. But to answer your question yes.

a few weeks ago we were notified that the DC40 prices were going up to 229.99 as of March 1st. and last week expectantly found out that the DC40's are discontinued. We have an order of them that they are going to fill, however we will not be getting anymore.

I'm kinda curious how they are going to deal with this. I'm not sure what or why the decision was made, I"m not going to assume anything but when I hear more about this I'll let folk know, I do know that the DC40's have never been a my first choice of a tracking collar so I'm not too worried about it. Like rigit said, There are better options out there.
wiwalkerman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby wiwalkerman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 am

I have only had one issue with a dc40 and garmin covered it. This time they sent me a brand new one. What happens in the future when I need warranty work done. I have a 220 so the 50s are useless to me.
iinvno1
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby iinvno1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:32 pm

wiwalkerman:
I think that's the point they want us to have to buy new stuff. I hear the new alpha's have a touch screen? GREAT!, what a pos idea in my opinion. So how many of you have tried to use your touch screen phones with gloves on? Works real well huh? This is really starting to grind me. Just get enough cash to get all my dogs outfitted and they change again and now as was said above are 220's will be worthless. What a joke. Hope marshall comes out with something soon.
The long bawl in early fall,the steady chop, the hammer drop. The chase and the tree, the passion of hunting for you and me. The old dog and the pup, the juvenile thats always corrupt.The snow the rain the laughter and pain. These dogs called hounds, we chase through the brush, waiting for the tree, our next big rush.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”