Ladner BMC

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
AK Zach
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Ladner BMC

Postby AK Zach » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:07 am

Hey fellas, looking to add some diversity to my pack. Got a fella that has some Ladner BMCs nearby, just wondering if anybody ran them and/or can tell me about that line. They'd be used for bear with my hounds. Thanks!
AK Zach
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Ladner BMC

Postby AK Zach » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:55 am

?
Teto

Postby Teto » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:10 pm

I have hunted Ladner BMC's for 22 years now. I have always used mine for squirrel and coon. But I have sold a few pups to a guy in Wisconsin that uses them on Bears. He waits till the bear is jumped and then sends in the curs to put him up. He calls them the heat seeking missiles. They put the bear up quick.
Varminator
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Varminator » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Teto, Have you seen much growling or aggression towards other dogs with your BMC's ? I've heard both yes and no. But I'll go with what you say ! After 22 yrs I think you will know.
If your coming, come on!!! "A Thousand mile journey, Starts with a single step".
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:27 am

I grew up and live 25 minutes from where L.H. Ladner lived, this is just my opinion for what it's worth. Hog hunting is the big game of choice around here and you don't here of any of the successful hunters around these parts using them. Now with that being said there are a few exceptions there are several folks around here that have bred the line and kept it straight and tried and true. These folks breed and hunt dogs that are consistent producers of game. Then there are a few, one in particular , that I will not mention any names who are related to him breed every one of their gyps every heat and advertise hard a push a lot of pups that neither ancestors for several several generations back are not hunted or tested but bred purely on a name, demand, and color. So if it were me I would do my research and find someone who actually hunts the dogs they sell. Like I said it's my opinion and dealings and nothing else.
T.Parker
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby T.Parker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”