This sport is dead or dying?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Bluetickhounddog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

This sport is dead or dying?

Postby Bluetickhounddog » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:01 am

Last edited by Bluetickhounddog on Sat May 02, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: This sport is dead or dying?

Postby mondomuttruner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:14 am

Best thing to do is go back to your big city and worry about all homeless people being treated inhumanely by the rats. It sickens me thinking of all the homeless people getting chased down by hunger, cold or disease. I vote we abolish all big cities so all the good citizens can live in peace in the wilderness.
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:14 am

Set them free!!!
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 am

What happened in California is a classic example where a legislature tries to manage wildlife through emotions rather than best available science. The majority of Californians will not suffer but rather rural California farmers and ranchers. An uncontrolled predator population results in loss of life and property. California Wildlife officials can now not depend on revenue producing hunters to control populations but have to rely on Contract Hound hunters and trappers to do the job. Animals killed by these contractors end up in landfills where nobody gets to benefit from the meat or furs. Bluetickhounddog, I assume you are from California, rather than hunters doing the job, you can now rest assured that you tax payers are now paying for the wanton waste of wildlife, that ends up in landfills.
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 pm

My point was, it amazes me people wouldn't lift a finger to help suffering human beings within their own neighborhood, many of whom they see every day but think they know everything about an animal they never saw before and have never been in the animals neighborhood. The world is changing and I'm glad I'm getting toward the end of being part of it.
Plowdog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Plowdog » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 pm

COLORADO were on the same track. This just burns my a--. People are so unaware of what we (sportsmen) are all about. Quit wearing your emotions on your sleeve and just manage wildlife. If these outfitters don't QUIT KILLING EVERYTHING they put in a tree this will happen in our state. If money is what your worried about get a real job and start respecting the sport of hound hunting. Most of you are so greedy you kill anything you can for a check. Wake of and become a sportsman and and quit looking at game in a tree as a $!
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:58 pm

mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Bluetickhounddog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bluetickhounddog » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Last edited by Bluetickhounddog on Sat May 02, 2015 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluetickhounddog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bluetickhounddog » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Last edited by Bluetickhounddog on Sat May 02, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
tom
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby tom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 pm

In my opinion all the antis have to do is set back and watch. We as hounds men are killing our own sport. We fight the DWR because they keep trying to up the number of tags they want to sell but we're the ones that pull the trigger. Groups like SFW or the mule deer foundation want all the lions dead but their not the ones who are letting clients kill kittens and females because they took on a paying customer knowing fully that they couldn't find them a mature tom or rain cats out of a tree just to put a feather in their cap. Not every one is like this but the vast majority of guys running hounds are not united in the future of our sport and they will kill anything they can and then complain that they can't find anything to chase next time. The antis can take away or give us all they want and it won't matter in the end if we don't change how we do things. They are to many guys in our sport who don't care, they take and take until one day there will be no more to take. Some day outlawing hound hunting will be obsolete because we won't have anything left to chase anyway.
I don't mean to offend anyone but as you can tell you hit a nerve, in my opinion here in Utah hound hunting is a dying sport and we are the ones killing it.
Bluetickhounddog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bluetickhounddog » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Last edited by Bluetickhounddog on Sat May 02, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr.c
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 100008990822376

Postby mr.c » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:55 am

I think when you see adds on t-v about neglected and starved animals from the humane society of united states needing donations .Then you donate and they are using only a small amount for that . Then they take the rest to pass bills to take your hunting rights away .Animals need help and so do the people who like hunting. There is more then likely hunters donating by being misled .Myself I donate to my county animal shelter
mr.c
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 100008990822376

Postby mr.c » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:59 am

I think when you see adds on t-v about neglected and starved animals from the humane society of united states needing donations .Then you donate and they are using only a small amount for that . Then they take the rest to pass bills to take your hunting rights away .Animals need help and so do the people who like hunting. There is more then likely hunters donating by being misled .Myself I donate to my county animal shelter
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:59 am

Bluetickhounddog, You should clarify to all of us what your agenda is. This is a Biggamehoundsman forum, so most us on here do not think we need to justify our method of hunting so you will never get us to engage in some kind of debate of right or wrong about hound hunting. Most of the information on Humane Society's website is false, so why would you believe the article about 110 veterinarians opposing hound hunting. Where does the 83% of Californians against hound hunting number come from? Was it some kind of scam poll by the Humane Society? I don't think anybody on this forum has a delicate balance of a belief system. Most hound hunters are not delicate about anything.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”