This sport is dead or dying?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
merlo_105
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: This sport is dead or dying?

Postby merlo_105 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:16 am

Here is the thing I could go days blabbing about Hunting and hunting practices. Hound hunter's I don't think are a dying breed I think the guy's who are in to hound hunting for the dog's are. More people are in it to turn a quick buck or to kill something cause they have caught something. Them are the guy's who do nothing but sit on there ass and complain when everything is taken away. For the outfitter's killing everything well if there to dumb to see there cutting there own throat's then people like that can't be helped. Then you have the hunter's who are taking care of the problem bears and cougar's in states that don't allow hound hunting. If these guy's just told the state to stick it up there ass and deal with there man caused problems them selve's maybe they would tend to lean towards opening hunting back up. Washington State has some of if not the highest license fee's for a resident hunter but yet you don't see any money going back to the Wild Life. I did projects all over the East Coast with the dnr and other outdoor organizations. It was unbelievable how much money went back to the wildlife. Here out West we have to deal with hippies making our laws not the people who should be.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
northwoods
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby northwoods » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:52 am

LOL... California, you have much bigger problems to worry about my friend.
BrandonCombe
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby BrandonCombe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:17 am

Dale t the issue I beleive stands out in your last post as you wrote "the pole reveals that 83 percent of California voters appose allowing packs of dogs to chase and kill bears" I may be wrong but I've never known a pack of dogs to chase down a bear and kill it I have known a pack of hounds to trail up a bear and tree it were a hunter hikes in to assess the situation observe the treed bear decide weather it is a sow with cubs or cub itself witch would be left to go on about its buisnes or choose to harvest the treed bear if it is mature and legal. I beleive what it comes down to is ignorance and a high percentage of people apposed to hound hunting do not have the slightest clue what it's about and what reely happens as I have taken several people who were not hunters and did not like the idea of hound hunting and by the end of the hunt had enjoyed them selves loved to see the game in the tree and shoot a few PHOTOS of the game. Told me that I had changed their opinion and it was nothing like they thought or like others had made it out to be and these people had joined me in another hunter later on. I take advantage of every opportunity to educate any one who wants to discuss hound hunting weather it be on the Web or at the gas station were I fill up before a hunt it may take time away from my hunt but i feel it is time well spent witch in the long run may keep hounds in the woods for future generaitions
406hound
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby 406hound » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:10 am

Bluetickhounddog,
I am with dhostetler. What is your deal? As I read through this thread, I get the impression you do not live the same life as the houndsman that have posted on this site because you aren't one. That being said, what is your agenda? It seems that you have intentionally struck a nerve and in my impression, it was not done so with the intention of uniting houndsman against imminent attacks on out sport, or more appropriately, way of life, but rather to dig at a festering wound and see what kind of rhetoric you can draw from it. For what purpose is the question.
Bluetickhounddog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bluetickhounddog » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:52 am

Last edited by Bluetickhounddog on Sat May 02, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluetickhounddog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bluetickhounddog » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Last edited by Bluetickhounddog on Sat May 02, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonCombe
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby BrandonCombe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:40 pm

Bluetickhounddog I am always up for a discussion about hound hunting regardless of what side you stand on but would like to have an idea on who I am dealing with and I'm sure many others who have been part of this discussion would to. so a few questions for the man behind the screen name bluetickhounddog.. do you own hounds? If so what game do you persue? Do you have a name? Noticed you did not have any thing under location. My name is listed as is my home state I have nothing to hide. Do you? I am looking for a straight answer as you have not given one on this topic and last but not least what are you looking to accomplish from this thread exactly and what do you suggest is done regarding this topic. I mean no disrespect just interested in learning a little about the person who generated this thread.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Bluedogdude, do you smoke weed? Andy
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby not color blind » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:09 am

406hound
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby 406hound » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am

I only can wonder how many people like bluetickhounddog, if that's your real name" are sniffing around on these sites? Point taken, baying up a bear is terrible, a dog fighting a coon on the ground is inexcusable, and you are not a houndsman. We should all be very vigilant of what we allow the world to see of us. I don't post videos of "alone time with my wife" for the same reason I don't post, text, email, or in any way allow videos or pics that could "be sensitive to some viewers", it is not for the world to see.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 pm

norcalkemmer
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby norcalkemmer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Hey blueprickhoundog, you sound like a anti!!!!!
Bluetickhounddog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bluetickhounddog » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Last edited by Bluetickhounddog on Sat May 02, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:15 pm

He's right the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If we all started passing out fliers on car windshield, sporting good stores, etc. on how when you ban hound hunting the USDA or Forest Service comes in with snares and kills 'em all. Graphic pictures would be a plus. Extol the virtues of hounding such as selective harvesting(not killing cubs, kittens or females), walking away from the tree etc. it might help a little. We all bitch and moan to people we meet and know about 2A issues, Obama, etc. and some write their representatives about this or that, but if public opinion, no matter how misguided or stupid is against you, we're screwed. It is time for a informational campaign to counter their disinformation campaign.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”