papers ?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

papers ?

Postby justahunter » Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 pm

I recently purchased a pup that was supposed to be papered and the guy pulled a fast one on me and and all the sudden told me the papers don't come with it even though it's posted on here she is papered . Saying now I have to pay an additional 200 if I want them. How do I go about this ? I want the papers being its a dollins hicks x rose of alabamy female . Do take it to court ? Inform the ukc? I refuse to pay the extra 200 because that's not the deal I agreed to. What are those papers going to be pinned on I am wondering? FYI this pup is not from Joe its one that was purchased from him and I bought it from this other guy.
Hunt hard cull hard !
250plot
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: papers ?

Postby 250plot » Wed May 27, 2015 11:55 pm

thats bs to me. looking back at the post on for sale adds it says she is papered. i would take that as you buy the dog you get the papers. sounds like he is saving papers on this dog to use on another dog. seems like he will sell another dog with the same papers. i would be cautions to do business with him. its probly for the best that he is selling out. no one will have to deal with him anymore. good luck
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Thu May 28, 2015 12:29 am

That is the most outrageous thing I heard in a while. It has been a while since I registered a dog but it is pretty cheap like $25.00 or $50.00. Those papers don't do him any good as the papers are suppose to stay with the dog just like a title with a truck. He obviously is planning something of no good. I would question if the dog you got is what he claims it is.

UKC has many rules etc., and frequently bans people from registering dogs, I would contact them and ask for help.

After you get the papers you could do a DNA test on your dog to make sure he is an actually related to the dogs on the papers, assuming the ancestors have been DNA profiled.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Thu May 28, 2015 12:56 am

His name is beardogger on here. He is Marc Newman . He is in classifieds selling out.
Hunt hard cull hard !
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Thu May 28, 2015 1:45 am

I know that the pup is what it is I helped the dumb ass get it.
Hunt hard cull hard !
250plot
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby 250plot » Thu May 28, 2015 2:18 am

i got a pup a while back from him and is was a waste of time. just alot of talk than nothing to back it up. bad experience. hope no one gets dragged into the bs i did.
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Thu May 28, 2015 6:29 am

If you really want the papers your best recourse might be to just give him the extra $200.00 as you are already a thousand into this deal assuming you paid the asking price. If you get UKC involved he might just destroy them and I don't know if there is a method to get replacement papers on a dog. You could probably sue him for breach of contract but a court can't force him to turn over papers that he lost. It would probably be a slam duck to get a judgement against him in small claims court but then you are stuck with trying to collect on the judgement such as getting another court order to garnish his wages or put a lien on his property. Either way as ridiculous as this whole thing is you are probably better off in the long run to just give the jerk his $200.00. No matter how you handle it I would still report it to UKC.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Thu May 28, 2015 4:57 pm

I will just resolve it the old fashion way when I see him . Lol. I don't need papers bad enough to pay his dumb ass.
Hunt hard cull hard !
southern fox
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100005518713786

Postby southern fox » Thu May 28, 2015 5:29 pm

write him a check and when u get papers call bank and do a stop payment if he will take a check ! fight fire with fire .
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cobalt » Thu May 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Whoever bred the parents can request a duplicate application with ukc. DNA analysis is $40 per dog= $120. Pup and parents, if you feel it necessary.
Lots of people purchase papered dogs but get no papers. Some breeders don't want their blood bred and papered by anyone but them. It protects the blood from people who try to make money off it.
brian j cerelli
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby brian j cerelli » Thu May 28, 2015 6:16 pm

since you helped him get it to begin with, i assume you know the original breeder, they can get a slip with all the ukc numbers for that litter. they can claim to loose a set of puppy papers and get new ones ordered, i did the same sort of thing and i think it cost 20 bucks. i called ukc, told them and they are more then willing to help.
walkerblacktan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby walkerblacktan » Fri May 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Only dog I ever bought that was papered was my boxer I got my oldest daughter when she was a couple weeks old, been 2.5 years and still havent sent the papers in to get him registered lol. But I looked at tha t ad and the guy didnt mention having to pay extra for the papers. None of my hounds are papered, what are your plans with the dog? I'm just trying to figure out why papers are so important. But anyway thats a low thing to do
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Hunt her breed her. I don't have papered dogs. I have a friend that has papered dogs that are similar blood and the only way he will breed to any thing I got unless its registered with same kinda blood even though one of my females is the best tree and bay dogs he has seen. And I will add this that guys with unregistered dogs tend to think papers are nonsense like I once thought but the more crosses and litters you have you start to lose track if you don't write it down then papers come in handy and you can research generation back
Hunt hard cull hard !
walkerblacktan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby walkerblacktan » Sat May 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Oh I see. I didnt think papers are nonsense I just didnt know anything about them. My dogs are for me only. I wanted to call that guy u got your dog from and really lay it on him after I read your first post. He should have told you that from the get go. Definately not a guy to do business with. Karma is coming for him lol
northwoods
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby northwoods » Sat May 30, 2015 8:00 pm

You can single register the dog if you know the 3 generation pedigree. Click on the link below and it will bring up the single registration form for UKC if that is what you are looking to do.
Fill out the form completely, take 3 pics of the hound as described, one of each side and one head on. Fill out the 3 gen pedigree, you don't need to know the UKC numbers if the names are correct. Send in 35 bucks and you will get all the pedigree papers. Really easy, best of luck, Joel

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”