dog shipping

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
250plot
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

dog shipping

Postby 250plot » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:42 am

looking at getting a few pups and gonna have to have them shipped by air. seeing if anyone could help me out with some info. going to have to pay for a crate, the dogs are all up on shots. just wondering the best place to look. thanks in advance
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: dog shipping

Postby pegleg » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:35 am

Well find the nearest airport from both locations and find out who has the most direct flights. Then ask about price. Watch them on the crates I've fought with them over that more then anything. There's are twice the price for the same crate anywhere and they say the dog needs x amount of clearance . then suddenly the crate you picked a size large to be safe is to small.
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby driftwood blue » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:37 am

Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Where are the pups coming from. Eddie Moore is hauling a load of pups from Central Texas up through Idaho this weekend.
Adios,
Gary
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:55 pm

I know a lot of these overland shippers use various means of shipping. But I've not had the best experience with it myself. I think there's decent money in it if a guy goes full time. That said it seems a big express van with kennels mounted inside and climate control etc. Is probably what they should be using or a box trailer outfitted the same way. Or maybe a European style box truck.
I've seen dogs stagger out of trailers looking like they'd spent a hour in a dryer.
The best I saw showed up in a rv but how that pays very well I'm not sure since everyone I've had to fuel up had poor fuel economy. Plus original cost and maintenance seems prohibitive. Just some thoughts.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Get ahold of Clay with (whoanelly) hound haulers he will treat your dog and you both right. Andy
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 pm

The guy the pups are coming from won't use dog hauler it was hard enough to get him to fly them. Now we just gotta figure that out .
Hunt hard cull hard !

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”