Grizzly breeding?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Tracker06
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Grizzly breeding?

Postby Tracker06 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:37 am

Hi I've just bought a bitch who's great grand parents are out of woodstock grizzly x Deans Woodstock Polly and Credar Creek Bo x Stapletons Little Ann. now I'm getting a pup who's parents are out of Woodstock Grizzly X Deans woodstock Polly and Taylor's Rasputin X Taylor Made At Sundown. Does anybody have experience with these dogs and is it worth the hi price to breed these pups???
Kyle D7
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Grizzly breeding?

Postby Kyle D7 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Just a suggestion that doesn't really answer your question immediately. Prove the dog's out in the woods before you breed them. If they are doing everything to your expectations or beyond there is the answer to your question. In my experience it usually takes a couple of seasons to really know a young dogs full potential. Hopefully that helps. Kyle
Tracker06
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Tracker06 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:05 pm

Thanks but already bought pups. I've read a lot of good about this line. Have u used any of the grizzly blood?
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Back several generations in them dogs there are some night hunt type dogs. I'm not familiar with the modern day breeding but I remember always hearing about them old English dogs in the peds years ago. In your situation where you live you don't have much choice but to just breed them and see what ya get.
Tracker06
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Tracker06 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 pm

I guess that true here everybody crosses everything with everything hoping they'll get the next best spoor dog. There are only a handful of hunters that try stick to a line and their dogs or pups are shit hard to get hold of unless you pay huge sums or have a super pair u want to breed with. I still have pups and other houndsmen already getting shitty about whose areas are whose, the states are really lucky with compos like uncle earls and those nite hunt challenges.
davidg1!
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby davidg1! » Wed May 04, 2016 1:23 pm

I have hunted these dogs on lion and bobcat with good results on cats.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”