Surgically AI'ing a Gyp

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Surgically AI'ing a Gyp

Postby Gary Roberson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Though she is not due until mid July, she is already showing a lot of belly. At this time, I am guessing 10 puppies and I hope that she can raise them. I know that Deb and I will give her a lot of help.
If she can raise 8-10 puppies, I am sure that I will have a couple to sell. As previously stated, I am planning to keep at least two males. tman, a female from this litter should cross extremely well with Captain.
Adios,
Gary
hectorp
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby hectorp » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Gary, nice to hear everything is working as you planned with your Yuma female. Lots of work any person has to put in raising a litter and with AI it doubles. Hope Yuma will have a nice and healty litter.

Saludos
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Yuma had 11 pups, two were still born and a runt did not make it but a couple of days. 8 healthy puppies and I will say that this surgical AI can work if performed by a competent vet and good semen. At least it works well for females, I have 7 females and one male. Since the primary reason to make the cross was to get me a male that would niche with my females, I will have to guard him with my life. I hate it when a dog has that much leverage on you.....
Adios,
Gary
Jim M

Postby Jim M » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Hope you have great luck with them Gary!
Ed Moore
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Ed Moore » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Great job my friend, hope Yuma is a good mom.be seeing you
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:36 am

Yuma is the best mama that I have seen, in fact, over mothering them. She is milking well as pups are growing and have full bellies. She laid on a female last night so down to 7. I pray that we can get these raised. Eddie come pick out your female, the male is definitely off the table.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:02 pm

While we have not edited the show, my plans are to show a coon hunt using the new Elusive Wildlife Technologies Kill Light, the surgical insemination process and finally the puppies from that mating.
It is my opinion that we should show houndsmen in a positive light anytime that we can. I feel that showing the hoops we jump through in order to produce the kind of dogs that we know can do the difficult tasks that we ask of them shines a positive image on the game that we love. I am not sure when this episode will air but will be sure and let you know. I hope that you enjoy it.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Jim M

Postby Jim M » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:45 am

PM sent
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:20 pm

The good friends who furnished the semen for this cross have asked for one of the females, so it is doubtful that I will have any for sale. I want these females to go to hunters who have purchased males from me as I feel that that cross will be even better than this one. These pups should make excellent coon dogs but I am not sure that they will have the noses that my females have. Only time will tell. These pups should have huge motors and a lot of drive and very good confirmation.
Adios,
Gary
Clyde Lawson
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Clyde Lawson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks for the invite! Need to check my map and see where you are.
Adios,
Gary

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”