Best state for cat hunting?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
houndman_1
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Best state for cat hunting?

Postby houndman_1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Looks like I'm getting ready to move, looking for a state that's got really good cougar, bobcat and coon hunting. Recently retired looking for a place to retire at that has a low cost of living but has really good hunting any ideas guys? I also love deer and elk hunting.

Thanks,
Brett
Lee Wolford
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Best state for cat hunting?

Postby Lee Wolford » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:28 am

Ok I'm going to sum up for you the next 300 post's that will follow. lol Idaho guys will tell you, Montana.....Montana guys will tell you, Idaho.......Utah guys will tell you Wyoming......Arizona guys will tell you New Mexico.......Nevada guys will tell you Colorado. And nobody will tell you Washington. You can see where this post is going to go. Personally I think your best bet is British Columbia. If BC is out, Montana or Wyoming would be the absolute best picks. Idaho is over run with wolves. Im going to go make some popcorn now..... lol
houndman_1
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby houndman_1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:17 am

OK, that's funny stuff! I lived in AZ and loved hunting there, lived in Arkansas and learned to deer hunt, I lived in CA. And hunted a ton of cats(lots of years ago) I live in Or and love it here but I'm a rambling guy and want to land on a another good hunting hole. Thanks for the information !!
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:45 pm

klamathcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby klamathcathunter » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:10 am

the hunting is only going to be as good as you make it. if your looking for alot of cougars then search out a spot for such. if your looking for alot of bobcats again look for such a place. but if your like me and just enjoy the sport and will take what ever tracks are given just to hear the dogs then there's that any where. every place has its good and bad. where I live there's a lot of hound guys ( or should I say guys with hounds) most just want to kill everything that trees. I on the other hand look a selective type of bobcats and lions some years I do good and others not so good. just my 2 cents

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”