Feet - what's the issue ?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Nicole Stark
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Feet - what's the issue ?

Postby Nicole Stark » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm

I think that would be quite an experience to do what you said. You want food on the table? Go get it, thats your only option. Course in a place where a moose could feed for quite a while ... you can't be using dogs on them, nor do you need to. That changes things bit but I still think it would be interesting to do.

That's where my last dog worked well for me, she was up for anything. I know you guys need/want to work specific game, but I kinda liked the fact that from birds, fish, all the way up to bear the dog was good for working with you if you needed her to.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:20 pm

TomJr
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100004374097746

Postby TomJr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:41 pm

I would love to see pictures of "coon foot" and a "cat foot" side by side so we could compare. I don't know that I have ever seen a "coon foot"...

I believe the way a dog runs can affect how their bodies hold up too. I had a dog that ran heavy, by that I mean you could hear him coming down the trail, sounded almost like a pony running at you. He was a black mouthed curr and did get his feet all cut up running over sharp rocks for the first two years of his life. None of my other dogs had any trouble on the same rock. He passed just as he was getting into his prime at 4 years old... he had changed his gait and ran quietly the last two years of his life, and had no more foot issues.

Tom Beatty Jr

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”