Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:16 pm

Dang, do you have a youtube account?
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Let’s talk.

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:45 pm

https://youtu.be/Q2Ppb4FMhCc I Google how to do it lol. The video of it running up the bank didn't turn out but you can see him swimming back for another go.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:22 pm

Lol that’s good stuff!
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:56 pm

I'm not very entertained with coon hunting, I like to be in bed by 9 but it was a very fun night.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:50 am

I’ve only been a handful of times. We never did much good. I’d do it here if there was more. I’ve only seen maybe 3 sets last winter.
Spencer
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Spencer » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:57 am

i quit coon hunting when i fell asleep on the highway on the way in to work one morning.

we started work at 6:00am. i had hunted a few days in a row. caught up with me and i ended up falling asleep and drifted into the tractor trailer next to me. an eye opening event for sure. quit running coon dogs that day. late nights and early morning work just don't mix.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:43 am

When I do go its only days I don't have to work the next. Get up way to early. My wife tells me I should go out and coon hunt when I'm wishing winter was here in the dead of summer. I always tell her I don't like staying up, and everytime she says when your cat hunting you get up at midnight half the time lol. Going to bed even for a few hours makes a huge difference than staying up to me.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:21 am

“"Spencer"- i quit coon hunting when i fell asleep on the highway on the way in to work one morning.

we started work at 6:00am. i had hunted a few days in a row. caught up with me and i ended up falling asleep and drifted into the tractor trailer next to me. an eye opening event for sure. quit running coon dogs that day. late nights and early morning work just don't mix.â€

Son of a gun! At least you’re still with us, man!
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:24 am

“"Beebout-it" When I do go its only days I don't have to work the next. Get up way to early. My wife tells me I should go out and coon hunt when I'm wishing winter was here in the dead of summer. I always tell her I don't like staying up, and everytime she says when your cat hunting you get up at midnight half the time lol. Going to bed even for a few hours makes a huge difference than staying up to me.â€

I know what you mean. If I’m by my self, sometimes I’ll take a nap if I need to, once I get to where I’m hunting. I don’t like to be nodding off while driving.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Drove up to Montana this past week and dropped a bitch off to get bred to Twist.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:01 pm

How was the trip? Smoke bad over in that country?
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:07 pm

It got clearer the further I went. Up there in Columbus Montana it was almost clear blue skys. But the trip went good. Almost 2,000 miles round trip. I hope this litter turns out! lol
I will be headed back to pick her up next month due to work. Mr Jensen was kind enough to keep her until I could get back up there.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:23 pm

Man the smokes so bad i can't see the mountains on either side of my place at all. Whats the breeding on the female you dropped off?
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:43 pm

All I know is she’s supposed to be Nance bred. But she doesn’t look anything like Twist which is a papered stud. So in short, I’m not sure. I was told she came from a bobcat hunter in Oregon.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:45 pm

If this breeding turns out, I’m hoping to breed one of the males to the gyp I bought from Jeff Allen last year. She’s a super smart dog and if she works out, I’ll breed her. If not, I’ll cull her. But I think she’s going to work out.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogsâ€