Making a silent dog

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Making a silent dog

Postby macedonia mule man » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:15 pm

Perk, was told study shows something in a dogs brain that triggers barking and scent. The Ratio of scent to bark being different on most dogs. Some dogs it takes less scent to trigger a bark and some more. Same with males breeding, a female has to be at a certain level of heat smell for a males brain to react and breed.
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:16 pm

Perk, was told study shows something in a dogs brain that triggers barking and scent. The Ratio of scent to bark being different on most dogs. Some dogs it takes less scent to trigger a bark and some more. Same with males breeding, a female has to be at a certain level of heat smell for a males brain to react and breed.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:28 pm

SASS, I get your point. Nothing wrong with that mind set.

Perk, you say those coyotes were “YOTELING”! That’s a neat story.

Mule man that’s interesting. I’m gonna look that up and do some reading about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Cajun » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:30 pm

I've got a Plott male that is semi silent. He coldtrails silent and he will open some when jumped but the main thing is he makes very few loses and when the dogs do make a lose, he is the first one to pick it up and he is gone with it before the others know he has picked it up. If it wasnt for garmin i would have never known how he kept getting ahead because basicly my dogs are all about the same speed. I guess if you really wanted a silent dog, you could always turn them loose with a no bark collar on. lol
MIKE CAULEY
BAYOU CAJUN KENNELS

Happiness is a empty dogbox &
RELENTLESS PURSUIT

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”