Protection of Hound Hunting

BAR BAR 2
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Protection of Hound Hunting

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:45 am

Wednesday, December 7
Here at the ranch.

We are having a get together for all concerned houndsmen in Wyoming, so that we can discuss the proposal of legislation that will recognize the use of hounds and sporting dogs as part of this state's history and heritage and also as a valuable wildlife management tool. It is our intention to pass a state statute that will officially recognize and protect the use of hounds and sporting dogs, with an eventual goal being an amendment to the state constitution.

To start off, we will have to draft and then send a letter of intent to the state legislator who we will be working with on this issue and then we'll need to write out the language exactly as we want it. State Representative, Tyler Lindholm, of Sundance, who we are already working with on the legislation to help with hunter overcrowding, has said he would be happy to help on this issue as well. I have spoke with several state lawmakers over the past week and I got a lot of positive input from them and think we can probably get this pushed through.

We need all the help we can get. If anyone would like to take part in the discussion and writing of this legislation, please get with me.

Thanks
Tex Adams, President
Wyoming Federation of Houndsmen
=2
BAR BAR 2
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Protection of Hound Hunting

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:24 pm

=2
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 am

Maybe when you are done, this could be a good template for every houndsman, in every state to present to their legislators. With or without a club.
BAR BAR 2
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:35 am

=2
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:56 am

I agree and in a lot of states there are no clubs at all, eg Arizona. I was thinking, that after all was said and done, depending upon the legistlation proposed, that it might be a good template for other hunters in other states. While having a club organize and work with certain legislators on the proposed bill, anyone without an organization could too.
BAR BAR 2
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:01 am

I will be more than happy to help out in any way I can. Some of this can be a little daunting if a person hasn't dealt with all the different factions in play, but it can be done. Don't hesitate to give me a call and I will do whatever I can to help other houndsmen in their home states.

Tex Adams
=2
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:16 am

Hi Tex, Thanks for the offer. I know little about the process except to repeatedly mail it lawmakers and see if follow up calls and emails get you anywhere. I'm not naive enough to think that it would work but in a conservative state you never know? Plus in a state like mine, where there is no organization, I think that it's better to try to do something than to do nothing knowing the sharks(hsus) are circling around you.

Return to “Wyoming”