Hound clubs in Wyoming.

OB.284
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Hound clubs in Wyoming.

Postby OB.284 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 pm

BHP,
SHe's doin great been treein a few coons here lately.
Last edited by OB.284 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bowhound
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby bowhound » Thu May 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Big Horn Posse
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000145082247

Postby Big Horn Posse » Thu May 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Bowhound,
That is because I wasn't there at them. I simply stated they used to have them here. In fact I believe the last one they had I was on the mountain hunting lion. The one before that I just had 2 litters of pups and didn't want to expose them to anything by taking any of my dogs there. Parvo was going around at the time. I do not currently have any hounds as I got hurt and cannot hunt like I did before, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to help you lads out. Just cause I can't hunt hounds right now doesn't mean I lost the passion for them.
I like my men like I like my mountains...... Rugged, challenging, and WILD!!!

Big Horn Posse Big Game Hounds
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Horn ... e=bookmark

dubl_t
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby dubl_t » Tue May 26, 2009 2:45 am

I'd sure like to see you get organized. I'm new to hounds and in Oregon now (I try to get back every fall), but I'd join your organization just as I'm joining the OUSDA.

Like was mentioned, WA has a few clubs, but they're still losing their hounding privileges.

Big Horn Posse, sure enjoyed your camp pics on your website.
Remember: alcohol won't solve your problems....but neither does milk.
BEARCLAW
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BEARCLAW » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:28 am

For you guy's and gals in Wyoming that are interested in field trials. The EIHA will be hosting a state trial if your interested. Will be located on the east part of Idaho wich wouldnt be much of a drive for some of you. August fifteenth and Sixteenth will be a play day. Twenty second and twenty third will be the trial weekend.
majestic mccoy

Postby majestic mccoy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:23 am

I am out of cheyenne we do lots of cat hunting around here. I only know four others that hunt with hounds. I am fairly new and would like to meet some more cat hunters.
blueliggs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby blueliggs » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:42 am

how is the cat hunting around cheyenne i live in newcastle and most the areas are closed oround us have some young dogs that need some more lion chases.
razorrb
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby razorrb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Well dang it man,
If I had read this earlier I would have gave my imput alot earlier. I understand that most of us are loners. I also understand the purpose of getting a club together to do all of what you people have said. I agree with ninety percent of what has been said do far. I would go to these trials and such if someone was to put something on. I live here in Laramie and know of a few guys with dogs that would come with me. As for the bear pursuit I think we better have alot of ammo for the game and fish. When I moved here five years ago I could not believe that this state did not have a dog season for bears period! The things that come to mind that we all can think of are how can we purposeful with our club, what are we going to teach the public/youth about how we do things as sportsman and women. What will be our goal for this club. Bringing other sportsman together that have dogs is great. I think that since we are Wyoming we need to respresent exactly that. When I talk to political people about Wyoming they either frown becuase we are set in our ways or they simply say that Wyoming is still wild. I think that I am getting off subject now, sorry. Lets put a club together and go from there. I agree about moving the events around, I am aslo ok with them staying in one spot too. Thank you for all of you that read this.
Tree em' Hard!
melutter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby melutter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Where do we start? I have also been thinking that maybe we have a hunting dog federation. With bird dogs also for more support. Any sugestions? Mel
Mel
razorrb
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby razorrb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Ok hmmmm,
I thought that the state of Wyoming had a bird dog federation, if not ok. I am not sure about joining together would be in the best interset right now. Becuase we are trying to put together a group of houndsmen/women it might be a good idea to get a group/club together and see where we want to go from there. Such as are we going to try and sign petitions to have a season to run bears, are we going to ask for a pursuit season, etc... I think you get what I am saying. It would probably be best if we came up of some other fun activites like other people have said on this forum. That is a great way for us wyoming people to have a good time. I think we all know how to have a good time, without trying to slit each others throats! Yikes! Anyway once we have established our goal for what we want to achieve then I think we could join up with the bird dog club so that we can protect our rights as sportsman and maybe get a different view as to what bird dogs do, kind of a show and tell. That sounds funny! maybe that won't be a good idea but I think that I have gotten the ball rolling.
Tree em' Hard!
melutter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby melutter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:21 pm

I did not know they had hunting dog federation. Your right we should stick to houndsman/woman for right now. Let me know how to help. Mel
Mel
razorrb
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby razorrb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Well how can we get a good group of people together or at least some "board" members together to talk about our goal? Do you know of anyone that would be intersted in taking a part? I think that we should talk to Dean Carroll, this is why. He has been running a UKC club for a few years and I have heard that he has been putting on a good event(s) for a few years now. I suppose that would be a good place to start to get an idea of where to start and then go form there. Maybe calling other clubs and seeing what has worked for them and what we can do the same or different. There is alot to think about. Do we even have anyone to head this?
Tree em' Hard!
Big Horn Posse
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Big Horn Posse » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:49 pm

As I have said before, I will help with whatever needs to be done to help get something started this Spring or Summer. :)

razorrb
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby razorrb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Thank you big horn posse! Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
Tree em' Hard!
Big Horn Posse
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Big Horn Posse » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:29 pm

I think that getting the gun dog owners involved might be a good idea. They have a big following in the state. They are always having Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited benefits also. They have the money and support here in Wyoming. Even if they do not want to do a do a "United" type of group they may be able to help us with ideas to get something started that would actually be successful. :)

Return to “Wyoming”