Flying coons

Talk about Coon Hunting
Ronnie H
Facebook ID: 0

Flying coons

Postby Ronnie H » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:01 am

Starting a young pup hunting some by himself and with a old hound tonight he got treed and had the coon big hard running kind. I squaled once to catch a eye and that coon took to the air,jumped from the top of a large oak and hit the ground running.And I had two young men hunting with me and planed to put that coon on the ground but not that way.
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Flying coons

Postby Gary Roberson » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Where were you hunting? Sounds like South Texas or Hill Country. Great to hear that you had some youngsters with you.
Adios,
Gary
Ronnie H
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Ronnie H » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi Gary, this was in the Sulphur river bottoms. School let out last friday for Christmas and been hunting with them every night. I well remember the joy of someone taking me hunting as a kid. Words can't explain the look those boys had when that coon took a leap out of that tree. All the way to the truck I would hear the sound of one of them trying to squal. It's like hearing a young roster learning to crow.
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Priceless. For years I took from 30-50 Boy Scouts that were camped at Sol Mayer at Ft. McKavett. Usually about a dozen at a time. They loved it and chances are it was the last time most of them ever hunted as they were from the cities.
Adios,
Gary

Return to “Coon Hunting”