Getting started on coon hunting

Talk about Coon Hunting
Chowder
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Getting started on coon hunting

Postby Chowder » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:44 am

Hello Coonslayer101 are you by chance close to south eastern idaho? I would like to see your dogs work
MedRiver

Postby MedRiver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:22 pm

New to the site and to the thread. Gotta say I am pretty impressed with the OP and his composure. Very impressive to me. I hope you are having a good time with your kids.
k_canterbury
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby k_canterbury » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Haven't been on in a while but having a blast with all my girls ( my two hounds, daughter and wife) we all went for a walk behind this past weekend my girls hit a track and the race was on they ended up having a good run ended up treeing a bobcat I know I don't have a pic of the cat in the tree and some will deny it but I was focused on my hounds and getting my daughter up to see the bobcat she thought it was well worth the long walk my wife took the pics of my girls and didn't get one of the bobcat either but was a great day out side must be doing something ok. But they have taken to bobcats more than coons have ran them and treed somewhere between 8-10 coons this year and 4 bobcats but they really seem to like chasing them cats a little more. Doesn't hurt my feelings it's all fun

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Coonslayer101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Coonslayer101 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Oh I will call you out B/S there is nothing in that tree anyone can get a picture of a dog standing at a tree nice try ol K_cantcatchacoon your not fooling anyone with pictures of worthless red dogs standing at a tree and now you want us to believe since you can't catch a cool you dogs will run and tree bobcats too? Best laugh I have had in a long time you sir are bot a houndsmen quit pretending. Still waiting of pictures of something actually in a tree never going to happen with you quit embarrassing yourself and acting like your a fantastic houndsmen and giving us a bad name. Your are wrong your not doing any think even OK your doing nothing right.. oh look at me I'm ol k_cantcatchacoon I'm awesome I took pictures of my top notch hounds standing at a tree looking up oh I'm so great you probably look as stupid as your mutts looking up in a tree and nothing is there. But I will say thank you for making me laugh like I said haven't laughed that hard in a long time. You might think you can make it till you make it but that's not how this sport works. Worthless dogs and wannabe houndsmen giving all true houndsmen a bad name
cfanno01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cfanno01 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Nice! Good looking dogs too. I'm glad you are out there getting it done with the dogs and including the wife and kids. What's the breeding behind those dogs if you don't mind me asking? Not many redbones around in my area, that I've ran into anyway.
k_canterbury
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: RE: Re: Getting started on coon hunting

Postby k_canterbury » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Coonslayer101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Coonslayer101 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm

The smartest thing you have said and one thing I agree with you on is when you said "I'm not sure" finally your admitting you don't know crap running crap dogs. And you finally proved it you are running mutts calling yourself a houndsmen you are a joke giving a long drawn out answer not answering a question and not saying anything. And because you grew up with blue heelers doesn't give you any advantage this is a whole lot different than watching them chase cows. Maybe you will finally quit and get rid of your mutts and get a blue heeler and drive around in your truck and look cool. This way you can piss off ranchers by being fake. Just like your being fake driving around with hound letting everyone think your an awesome houndsmen when really it's people like you ruining this sport giving 90% of the guys on here a bad name! Oh don't be sad because I have the balls to say what everyone true houndsmen on here is this king! STFU and get rid of your worthless hounds delete this sight and quit killing the sport I love and ruining it's reputation!!!!!
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 am

Coonslayer you are a real piece of work, if pictures are what's it's all about to you then quit talking about and be about and blow this thread up with your own pictures, I would say I remembered how I acted after my first adult beverage but it's apparent that's not your excuse, it's pretty apparent to everyone you were that kid who tried to fit in with different types of social groups and always got picked on for being the one who tried to hard to be the cool kid, and by the way it seems you keep belittling the OP that you know his "type" extremely well, in order to know someone or situation so thorough one would either have to be that "type" himself or have found himself in the exact same scenario, seems to me that your doing nothing more but giving a very vivid image and description of yourself, it is YOU and other like you that are the decimation of the houndsmen heritage....

Canterbury keep up the good work, you sir are light years ahead of the dim wit, even if you haven't had hounds all your life and know everything there is to know about this sport you have already figured out what's so special about this, the time spent outdoors with the ones you love and doing things together that y'all love to do with dogs that you love and they love you back, that is the entire essence of this life, maybe the dimwit should crawl out of his own miserable life and hunt a little harder and maybe his soul might find peace and happiness somewhere along the way, it's pretty evident that he lives in a great deal of misery and wants others to feel as insubordinate as himself....
PAhoundhuntr

Re: RE: Re: Getting started on coon hunting

Postby PAhoundhuntr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:21 am

k_canterbury
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby k_canterbury » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Goose and PAhoundhuntr,

I am still very thankful for the comments and assistance I receive from here. I haven't been able to figure out what coonslayers deal is tried PMing him but guess he likes to make a fool out of me in front of people not sure. He isn't worth getting upset for I am not doing any of this for him and i will probably really piss him off when I mention I am thinking about getting a walker bluetick cross for my daughter that comes from a local lion and bobcat hunter so I will be really quiet and not tell him. LOL but I would like to take the time once again to thank everyone who had made comments gave advice and pointers you gentlemen have helped me more than I can explain and cannot thank you enough. Having my two hounds oops sorry coonslayers I mean mutts in the woods with my daughter is some of the best times I gave have. She is trying to convince me and mama that they need to go to Texas this weekend with us on our yearly family hog hunting trip she says just in case there is a raccoon or bobcat. I know I make mistakes every time I'm out but my daughter and dogs don't see my faults she still goes out with me every day after work to get them exercise and she helps feed them and clean kennels. No I am not a houndsmen by any means I am just a guy with hounds who enjoys being in the woods with my wife and daughter as much as I can just happen to enjoy having my mutts along with me. Thanks again for everyone who has assisted so far and any advice to come is still welcomed and appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Coonslayer101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Coonslayer101 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 pm

K_cantcatchacoon you sir are a jackass not only have you ruined two mutts which I have said is stupid but your going to get another worthless hound and really show what a great houndsmens you are have 2 young dumb dogs and adding another just so you can look so cool what a JOKE!!! Some people should never have hounds and you are one of them what a dumbass
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:56 pm

shade
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby shade » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Don't worry about coon slayer it's easy to figure out he is an anti hunter that somehow got on the site. I've met houndsmen that had little formal education but never one that was that much of an idiot. Sounds like you're having fun that's all that matters.
Bneill
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bneill » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Shade I think you hit the nail on the head with the anti hunter thing. It all makes sense now. Good call
ALEX
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby ALEX » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:40 pm

K_Canterbury,

If your young hounds have already caught coons and a few bobcats you definitely have something you can work with into the future. You are rather fortunate to have started out so recently and already have had success with your own dogs that you raised. Most don't see a such a fast turn around/pay off when getting started in hounds. I know I sure didn't. If you keep hunting these dogs they can only get better since they're off to such a good start.

Seems like they have a high dose of natural drive/ability to trail and tree critters. That is one of the most important ingredients of all in a prospective hunting hound.

Return to “Coon Hunting”