Facebook ID: 0

Re: Getting started on coon hunting

Postby walkerblacktan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:48 pm

His mom is the best sister he could ever ask for
Bobby Winn

Postby Bobby Winn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Man!! I finally read all of this thread waiting to post at the end. This guy reminds me of the movie we grew up watching “Where the Red Fern Grows”. Remember the two knot heads and how ole Billy’s dogs showed them up? Sounds awfully familiar. People like that give me more motivation to prove wrong. I started 6 years ago with a free dog off the local classifieds (bayed up on a feral cat at 6 months old). That would have put me @32 years old (guess I shouldn’t have even tried at that age), I have 5 daughters and everyone of them love the minute that we’re loading the dogs. Four of them while growing up have been on mine and my buddies shoulders for countless nights till 2-3:00 in the morning. I guess I just run mutts, and I’ve never claimed to be a houndsman because of guys like you. If you need pictures for proof google has plenty. My mutts and me have had plenty of lions in the tree and I quit counting the coons. K_canterbury, keep up the hard work and keep the family involved. I can’t wait to teach some grandkids or other kids in need of gettin off their ass and goin outside with my mutts.
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby 1bludawg » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Coonslayer, what kind of advice is that? It's not even constructive criticism.
307hounds

Postby 307hounds » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Self proclaimed coonslayer* is an idiot Haha I got two pup that are my first. my black and tan loves chasing coons my bluetickxWalker doenst enjoy it as much as a stray cats with bobcat scent. (Had a problem with strays trapped a couple used for training no cats were harmed) but not as hard as my b&t it depends on the dog and theres not many coon where I live but we still run em and catch a couple it's good for the dog so they know to chase mine are gunna be bobcat more than anything. Hopefully. But its still a blast chasing coons. Caging a coon will make them dependent on you I learned that also drags are good for puppies but they'll eventually just fallow your foot steps cause they know what's at the end of it I let them play with a dead coonskin every now and agin so they think it's a game (not sure if that's bad or not) just train them and they all come around and like people say patiance is key. Teaching kids about the outdoors is so important so they can preserve it for the future. Coonslayer please take your dumbass somewhere Els if anyone gives houndsmen a bad name is people like you who just trash talk and badmouth everything

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to “Coon Hunting”