Tips

Talk about Coon Hunting
trentonmoore292

Tips

Postby trentonmoore292 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:34 am

Hey guys so I’ve been reading a lot and most of the things I have seen said it’s best to get your dog out in the woods as soon as possible and from what I’ve heard my dog can tree by herself but it kinda makes me nervous just letting my dog lose cause as I’ve said in other posts I don’t have the money to buy a tracking system so what would be a good way to keep up with my dog while I’m in the hills with her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Tips

Postby Northrunner » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Watch for telemetry equipment for sale, it gets the job done and you can buy them for little to nothing.
Couldn’t of read to much if you havnt heard of putting a bell on your hound, I would suggest keep reading and researching as much as possible until you have retired from hounds.
Ton of ideas/opinions on how to raise/train/hunt hounds. To each there own,
Your dog needs to listen/recall in the yard at home before you go hunting.
My opinion,
Do not go hunting unless you have a good handle on your dog.
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Look on eBay or put up a iso on here. Get you an astro 220 and dc30. You can get set up for under $200. They work just as good as the new stuff just has different graphics.
dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dirtdodge » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:54 pm

He bud. PM me your address. I have an old garmin 220 I'm not using. I'll give it to ya and even pay to ship it. Sorry I dont have a collar to go with it. Maybe 1 of these guys has an old dc30 collard they can give ya and itll help you get into the woods. I remember chasing dogs at your age without anything to track them either. And it's a little peice of mind knowing where the dog and the truck are at. Good luck bud! We need more youngsters in the hound world.
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:54 pm

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:44 am

If you can’t find any collars I’ve got an original dc-20 with the box style housing with a custom 90 fitting to attach to collar box to convert it to traditional style recovery collars I’ll send you, and pay shipping, last time it was used it worked great and tracked fine, just awkward as all get out, I’ll charge it and see if it will connect to a 320, I’ll see what I can do far as charger, I’ll also send you a telemetry radio collar with a dead battery, I believe they’re about 35$ to have a battery replaced, at least last time I did, I’ll put a new magnet in it but the battery rebuild is all yours, just pm your details if you’re interested, I’ve been in the EXACT same seat your in now and the smallest little bit of help in any way can go far, hunter beware though, if you’re new to the hounding culture, and at some point in time about 10 years from now you find yourself single, broke, very little number of friends, and even those friends are all dogging buddies, truck all banged up, you can’t say you haven’t been warned lol, good luck to you...
Northrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Northrunner » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Quote;
at some point in time about 10 years from now you find yourself single, broke, very little number of friends, and even those friends are all dogging buddies, truck all banged up, you can’t say you haven’t been warned lol, good luck to you...

I don’t think you could have described my Current personal situation anymore clear to this young man lol...
dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dirtdodge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Trentonmoore I sent ya a PM

Return to “Coon Huntingâ€