Black and Tans

Talk about Coon Hunting
trentonmoore292

Black and Tans

Postby trentonmoore292 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:12 am

Hey guys I recently bought a black and tan puppy and it is completely tan other than it’s tail which is black and I was just curious if that’s normal or not cause the ones I have seen have all been black and I’ve never seen one like the female I got thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Black and Tans

Postby pegleg » Tue May 05, 2020 8:06 pm

Not .
bluedog4
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bluedog4 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:14 am

Could you post a picture?
pistol
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby pistol » Wed May 06, 2020 11:56 am

I had a litter of full papered Black and Tans a few years ago and one of the pups came out looking like a walker dog. The guy I bred my female to has a full Black and Tan kennel and his breeding kennel is 100% locked up tight so there was no way of any other dog getting in “ which I thought happened” After doing some research I found out that there is a gene from way back that throws out a different color. Whether it be a walker got in to the line at some point and every now and then it reappears or what I don’t remember. I called Calvin Poll a well known Black and Tan breeder and he said he has had that happen to him a couple times. One litter he had had a few in it. When my pup got older he lost a lot of the white and it kinda faded to a light black.

Return to “Coon Hunting”