started a thread.

nmplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

started a thread.

Postby nmplott » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:45 am

I asked Buddy to start this subtopic so we (new mexicans) can get together and enjoy our hounds and be united to protect our rights as hunters under a united front if need be as we spend countless hours and dollars to use our dogs to chase the lions, bears, bobcats and coons in our state.
www.arrowbarkennels.com
Home of Plott hounds and American Bulldogs
GUNSMOKE
Facebook ID: 0

Re: started a thread.

Postby GUNSMOKE » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Glad to see it.
nmplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby nmplott » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:42 am

I spoke with Roy of the Utah Federation of Houndsmen and he suggested that we (as new mexico based houndsmen) should either start our own club or join theirs as they are thinking about making a multistate venture. Either way it is important that we become united one way or the other.
www.arrowbarkennels.com
Tom White
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tom White » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:24 am

I agree that we need a club. There is a n.m coonhound assoc , but I"m not sure how active it is now. Some here in Ruidoso have been talking about it and have some info from the Michigan Bear hunters Assoc. and the Wisconsin Bear hunters Assoc. Where you from NMplot? Gunsmoke is interested also. I"m sure we could get lots of involvment.
nmplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby nmplott » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm

I am in Belen. When I spoke with Roy he told me about a big national bear hunter association that was also going to merge with them in Utah. This all sounds like good news as the more we can unite the better we can fend off the anti's.
www.arrowbarkennels.com
Tom White
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tom White » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:27 am

The big national bear hunters association may be the way to go with a New Mexico chapter. Maby you can find out more on this.

Eather way we really need to get ready for the antis especially with this new president.
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:37 pm

It would be a good idea to join with an organization that is already formed.Here is my reasoning on this.

Several years a go the Four Corners Area hound hunters decided they needed a club to have a voice and to possibly have some events and different things. There had been an active club here some 20 plus years ago, and they had field trials, water races, and even night hunts such as they were. Well it fell apart and some felt it was time to resurrect it. Well I set up a meeting at the Elks Lodge and sent out invitations. We had a big crowd show up guys and gals from all around the area. Well they decided they should set up a board of officiers and they held an election. Well for some crazy reason they elected me president and my wife agreed to handle the book keeping chores. Well I may have won the vote but as we know many times there is a great amount of jealousy involved among hunters. The ones that didn't vote evidently were very influential and they all got together for another meeting after this one at the bar or some place and said it was all a bs deal and it never would work. Well they were right because the next meeting only a handfull showed up and it went down from there.We tried a bit longer but the interest dwindled and I even decided that it was a lost cause.

So for dang sure don't ever elect me to anything you want to work because unlike our illustrious Govenor Bill I am rather unpopular. LOL!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:17 pm

don't mean to hi jack your thread, but I Just read about that the Multi state deal..

I'm on the board of directors for OUSDA But I've thought about trying to build a networks of active State Clubs and such from this site..Somthing more of a Super Group kind of deal..

Nothing too fancy more of a way to see what the other states do and are doing. And somehow to get to gether once in a while. Logistics would be tough unless we could figure out how to do it online..

Even thought about a club here. with dues and such, just don't know how to manage something like that.. and figuring out what to do with money rasied.. etc etc.. (might be something to build a war chest for state associations events.) or for fighting for Hutning rights..

Could be good, but could be messy too..

Anyways.. Just food for thought, And right now I surely don't have time for it.. but as Always I"m open to suggestions..

Buddy
nmplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby nmplott » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Buddy,
I think the bigger the better, just because the bigger usually means the more money and that can help lobby more pressure to combat other groups that want to eliminate our sport.
Stephen
www.arrowbarkennels.com
GUNSMOKE

Postby GUNSMOKE » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Large or small...we need it. In this state the politicians are so impressionable, and love to get to speak. With some organization and funding for some political breakfasts and things we could certainly influence the outcome of the votes on some issues. I get somewhat involved in the state legislature year after year. We have it pretty good in NM with so many of our representatives based in the farming, ranching and oil industries, we could really make headway with a solid voice. These guys are usually on our side, with slight education from a group we could get the swing to do away with alot of poorly written Liberally proposed bills.
nmplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby nmplott » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 am

On a side note .... did you guys see we can not hunt bighorn sheep ranges for lion year round anymore.
www.arrowbarkennels.com
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:10 am

I guess I missed that... do they still have contracted trappers working the sheep ranges?
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
erniesshop

Postby erniesshop » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:12 pm

Looks like it's been almost a year ago since anyone posted on this thread.......
I just moved back to NM to retire.......Is this Issue Dead ?
The more these "Californians " Buy up......The less were going to Hunt !
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby liontracker » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Their has been another thread started recently along this very same line concerning a NM club.
N.M. HOUND DOG
Facebook ID: 1398441259

Postby N.M. HOUND DOG » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:33 am

The NMHMA is small club in N.M. we have filed trials and night hunts. UKC ,AKC and open events. But we need more people to get involved. All this about starting a new club but there no one hardly interested in the club we have. We all need to get together now that the N.M.G.F opened up the tapping rules in N.M. We have a lot of fun at our filed trials everyone in N.M. should come and join our club. We are stronger in number and there is a lot of good people in our club.

Return to “New Mexico”