!!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog...Part 1.5 !!!

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: !!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog...Part 1.5 !!!

Postby Dan McDonough » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:12 pm

rockytrails wrote:I'm going to go back and read your posts. Maybe you mentioned this already. Do you think pairs of chromasones are accurate or the DNA passes other ways? Seems to me the DNA of brain would be entire brain. Interesting though. I would think with only 20 to 40 pair of chromasones (don't remember the number) that entire brain would be in 1. Interests me but only to learn from. Keep posts going.

When a fetus develops, the very first part that forms is either the cerebrum or the cerebellum. Everything else comes from the information that was contained there. I would guess it's the cerebellum. This information is somewhere that I actually remember so I'll check on that and get back to you. It actually may be a clue.
If you aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat!?!
Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Tanner Peyton » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Hey Dan, I was listing to this fella on the radio today by the name of Floyd. He was talking about catching lions down in Arizona with a stag he got from a friend in Wisconsin. Anyhow, he said it was a smart smart dog. It was interesting to say the least. Just thought I might share.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:55 pm

That's a littermate brother to Tommy and Vicki. ;) Ace is a first cross Stag x BC. It's been interesting to watch how he gets along with the lion pack over there.
Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Tanner Peyton » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Man, them border collies and german shepherds are no doubt some of the best problem solvers. Real smart dogs.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Dan McDonough wrote:
rockytrails wrote:I'm going to go back and read your posts. Maybe you mentioned this already. Do you think pairs of chromasones are accurate or the DNA passes other ways? Seems to me the DNA of brain would be entire brain. Interesting though. I would think with only 20 to 40 pair of chromasones (don't remember the number) that entire brain would be in 1. Interests me but only to learn from. Keep posts going.

When a fetus develops, the very first part that forms is either the cerebrum or the cerebellum. Everything else comes from the information that was contained there. I would guess it's the cerebellum. This information is somewhere that I actually remember so I'll check on that and get back to you. It actually may be a clue.

It's the cerebral cortex that develops first. That later differentiates into the different parts of the brain.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Just a quick update. My Kuby (Leopard) X Vicki (Stag x BC) litter did not materialize. I'll be working on my Stag x Mtn. Cur pup in the meantime, while I wait for Vicki to come into heat again. I sure wish that breeding would have taken.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”