How many south texas bobcat/lion hunters left??

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
dbutlertx
Facebook ID: 0

Re: How many south texas bobcat/lion hunters left??

Postby dbutlertx » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 am

Hello to u all. My name is Donna Butler and I am the daughter of Pool Butler. He passed away in May of 2004 at the age of 83. He hunted up until about 9 months before he died when his health no longer allowed him to. Hunting was his way of life. He lived to hunt. I remember growing up around all the hunters who came to hunt with him. There were so many. Very good memories! I was happy to see that he was not forgotten! Thanks all!
RPL190

Postby RPL190 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Bubba Joe ( Joe Rufus Lyne) was a good man use to take me almost every morning when i stayed at the ranch. Sure do miss him.
Shorty
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003782841530

Postby Shorty » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Donna,
I live here in Cotulla. I haven't been here long but have heard my fare share of Pool Butler stories. I sure wish I'd have had the chance to hunted with him. By what I've heard he was a great man. There also wasn't a better dog man to be found. I know your proud and you should be. Pool Butler will be talked about in South Texas until well after the last bobcat is tree'd.
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

I used to visit with Pool in the cafe there in Freer and see him out on the ranch west of town. He was a nice fellow and was always in a good mood. I ran into Pool and Clifton Lyles one night on the Baylor Ranch and there were dogs all over the ranch road. I eased up beside them and asked how many dogs they were trotting and they said 26. I guess you just can't have too many...
Adios,
Gary
master of hounds

Postby master of hounds » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 pm

trying to get in touch with " Shorty", I am a great grandson of Ira Woods and I would like to see the camp you wrote about if possible.... I also have a lot of pictures etc of cats treed on the King and around Dilley and Mexico...

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”