David/s Book

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: David/s Book

Postby david » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 pm

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Postby Justaguy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:21 am
Hey Everyone;

I just bought a copy of David's book in paper back form for twelve bucks plus shipping which comes out to be around 16.00's shipped. I realize it is a newly released book but Amazon has it for sale. Just a comment for those of you who might be looking for a copy !

Justaguy

Well, there you go. I wonder if it is the same book, or someone else by the same name wrote it and manufactured it. At any rate, Better jump on it, as I wont be selling them for that price, and the cover will be a little different.
Last edited by david on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Justaguy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Justaguy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Hey Everyone;

I just bought a copy of David's book in paper back form for twelve bucks plus shipping which comes out to be around 16.00's shipped. I realize it is a newly released book but Amazon has it for sale. Just a comment for those of you who might be looking for a copy !

Justaguy
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:26 pm

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:48 am

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:00 am

Justaguy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Justaguy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:56 am

David

I was reading about the book so I went onto Amazon and entered david peightal and got back a hint. The title of the book is The Northern Bobcat Dog - Hunting the Little Big Game and it says they have two copies. One new and one used with a grayish looking cover with a nice looking walker standing and a bobcat laying in front of the dog. It say David Peightal is the author of the book.

Justaguy
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:04 am

Thankyou, Justaguy. I never thought I would have books on Amazon. I guess I am famous now :lol:
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 am

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:55 am

pete richardson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pete richardson » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:53 am

i just bought one---- it says 1 available and then as u click thru it says there are 4
when the tailgate drops
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby mike martell » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:00 am

David
Following this post and reading about the foundation of this line of dogs reminds me of all hounds and strains we hunt.

I think your theory will prove out just as you think. Start with a foundation and introduce different blood is how you keep moving forward, line breeding is great if you have the right dogs. Here is my problem, I will not live long enough to find the proper mix to suit me and so the quest for excellence continues, that is for reasons of not wanting to go backwards.

Every line of dogs has short comings and don't always measure up to what our standards should reflect. I watch those who are stuck on certain old lines from the past and many times those folks are looking at a photo album from the past and not what's is sitting in the tree.

I monkey around with different dogs all the time to see if there is something better. Here is my example, I have introduced some extreme line bred English breeding into my dogs. I have hunted two as good of bred English hounds and find them to be nice dogs, as nice as dogs get.......but, they too are lacking a component.

Is it the dog or me? They tree everything and I'm not happy? I will never be happy with any breed and strain ever, why? Just the way it is.....Their is no such thing as a pack dog, or single department dog that stays long in my kennel and the list goes on and on....

Here is what you accomplished.....You made it about as close as you will ever get in the hound world and those who continued towards the finish line that bred and improved the line did so out of their own demands. No two hounds or people are alike.

I will quote the words of a top Oregon houndsmen who owned quite a lot of that blood....I have never raised a litter of pups on my place in all the years I have hunted(about fifty) I follow the word of mouth and simply hunt what is getting it done.

Like in every Presidency, History will reveal the truth....Nice hounds in a nice era Mr. David. If you missed this era, You about missed it all......

Mike
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 pm

I hunted the Banjo blood and different crosses of it for 11 or 12 years. I am not saying they couldnt catch cats. All i know is with the ones i hunted, if your life depended on the dogs being able to catch a tough hard running ducking cat or a hard running rank bear you better put them on the bear.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Man, it has been fun for me to learn about this stuff and remember a lot of things that would have been long gone from my mind. You know, I am used to trash talking my own dogs. I see their faults and that is what I talk about more than anything. I am like you, Mike, in that way. We are what a good psychologist calls "sort by different". We see what is "off, wrong, or missing". It really is genetic and we cant do a thing about it except try and temper it enough to be tolerable to those around us. We usually join ourselves to "sort by same" folks who see how beautifully everything works and fits together. I know there are both types in these discussions and it keeps things interesting.

What has been hard for me to figure out is that when I trash talk my banjo and rainbow, I am no longer just talking about my two dogs, but the dogs of a lot of people. I am sorry it took me so long to figure that out, and I would have been much more careful if I had figured it out... because I dont want or need to trash talk any one elses dogs. I try to be honest about my own, and probably to a fault. No one would ever buy a dog from me on what I say about it because I see and talk about their faults. People who hunt with me have been the ones to buy my dogs.

Anyway, I am heading out on the job again and might not see internet till Friday or so. Just so you know I am not trying to be rude by not responding to something that might show up here. Thank you Al for starting this out with your nice comments on the book. I wrote it more with beginners in mind, but it sure is nice to know you enjoyed parts of it.

Thanks again, Your friend, David

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”