Why Running and Running dog X are the best cat dogs

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Why Running and Running dog X are the best cat dogs

Postby slowandeasy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Just wanted to hear from all the guys that put up the big numbers. All the reasons why they are the best bobcat hound. So others can break it down and understand.

Take care, Willie
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
davidg1!
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Why Running and Running dog X are the best cat dogs

Postby davidg1! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:12 am

This should be good!
Tim Pittman
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Tim Pittman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:39 am

I don't put up the big numbers, but here's some reasons. Brains, track style, use the right amount of mouth, tough to hunt day in day out, conformation, hair/hide usually a little thicker/heavier, brains -- oopps better quit here. :D
Tim Pittman 541-912-6464
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby twist » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:34 pm

There are good and bad in all hounds. Anyone that thinks just because running dog is in their hound its a better cat dog has never hunted enough dogs lol. Just because the word running is in there doesnt mean theay can all run a track with great speed just like a tree dog doesnt mean it going to be a tree dog lol. Andy
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
oneguy828
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby oneguy828 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Willie, you may be right from your experiences. I don't know what breeds of tree hounds or strains of running dogs you have ran with. My experience points me in a different direction. I have had experience with quite a few running dogs and tree hounds and the bottom line to me is the breeders ability to reproduce better hounds. When you have a breeder that does that honestly over an extended period of time the product is a good hound. No matter the breed, color, or strain. Just what I have noticed in my limited experience.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:03 pm

The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:14 pm

zzz
Last edited by al baldwin on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merlo_105
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby merlo_105 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:40 pm

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE...
oneguy828
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby oneguy828 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:49 pm

What is your experience with running dogs Willie? Not trying to be confrontational just trying to wrap my head around where your coming from.
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby 1bludawg » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:01 pm

I've owned part running dogs that would hang a tree and tree dogs(registered) that could run and the one thing i can say for certain is cat dogs are RARE in all breeds or mixed breeds.Another thing i'm pretty sure of is that anyone on this site would admire and respect a real cat dog ,no matter if it was tree dog,running dog ,cur or mixed breed. It comes down to hunting what you like and what gets the job done for you.This topic has been debated endlessly and probably hasn't changed any minds .
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Actually, A long time ago I had some really nice tree bred hounds that could really wheel a track. And like you say if a person does the right thing. And line breeds and culls one should be able to maintain, and make better a line of dogs to be proud of. So we both think alike. But traveling down life's road. I sorta hit a few bumps in the road and let that stuff slip away. ( Not hard to do if ya stay in the game very long. And keep the things that matter on top.) But never the less have always attributed the tracking ability as to being closer to were they all came from. ( Running Walkers ).

As to my experience with the running dogs. I currently have one that has running and treeing walker in it. Although he is struggling in this dry country he has a lot of try. But what has completely sold me. Is my good friends MARK, CRA (CHARLEY), AND DEWY. Who are bobcat catching legends, and put up numbers simply beyond belief. Have taken me under their wing, and under their tutelage. I have become a dedicated believer in both the running dogs and the running dog crosses. :P :P

CRICKETS

Al,

You must have read the original post wrong. I was in search of information from the guys that put up big numbers. And they are quite secretive as to their reasons for success. But thanks for the advice. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :P :P

Take care, Willie
merlo_105
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby merlo_105 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm

It shouldnt make a difference what breed of dog you run they should catch cat. If no one ever told you Bobcats were hard to catch they wouldnt be. The people who cry about not catching game need to sit back and go over there pack with a fine tooth combe. What I have seen is alot of people dont know what they got and aint sure what there dogs are doing on track. My dogs arent any better then anyone's but they all compliment each other. I got Running cross dogs, Blueticks, far from each other's track style. But its a good combo for where I hunt. If your a weekend warrior chances are your not going to have super over the top success dont matter what pack you have. Now the running cross dogs seem to be alittle tougher and alittle easier to build a pack around. Are they better IDK but there is less bull chit with them. I have seen way to many faults in Walkers for me to be drawn to them. Thats multiple strains. But thats just me. I do like the running dogs and I do like the Blueticks I hope to get a black and tan or two to try out this coming season. Cats arent tuff to catch the hunter makes cats hard to catch. Put a pack of god only knows together that compliment each other you'll catch game.. MHO
oneguy828
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby oneguy828 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 pm

So you have had one dog that is trying hard and base your decision on that and some people you have never met? I respect them alot too they are not you though... Dont get me wrong. I am not trying to make you look bad Willie but if a bunch of people you have never met and one dog changed you I would have to say you wasted your 30 or 40 years in hounds and your integrity is questionable. I don't want to come across as a bad guy but I can tell you I ain't gonna vote with a guy who has been a republican his whole life then seen the light as a democrat in his final years... I need more than substantial evidence. Wish I could agree with you I really do but you don't make any sense. Maybe explain and enlighten us of your epiphany .
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Well I can see I'm going to have to make this as clear as mud!!!! I should probably be jocking dogs. As I can see there is plenty that read people probably as good as they read dogs. Looks like I would be rich according to the way some took this topic hook line and sinker. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care, Willie

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”