It's been pretty quiet around these parts.

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
merlo_105
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

It's been pretty quiet around these parts.

Postby merlo_105 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:33 am

So lets get the ball rolling... How many dogs you guys running this year how many pups are you starting and what breeds and crosses are you running. You guys feeling good about the upcoming season and your dogs. Come on been quiet around here...
BrandonCombe
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: It's been pretty quiet around these parts.

Postby BrandonCombe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:35 am

Ok I'll Bite. I'm hunting 6 dogs right now 3 finished dogs and 3 young dogs 1 is a blue pup that goes back to Brett ' s max dog on both sides his dad was the best cat/fox dog I've owned. One flaw in this pup is he is to open for me on track but I'm hoping he will calm down with age. I also got 2 pups that are just over a year old or so out of Andy ' s dogs that I'm real excited to hunt this year as last season they were coming on real good.quick hard hunting pups. I let them start a number of tracks for me last year and let them catch a few critters on their own I'm definitely impressed With their natural ability to move a track and locate at their age. Now if I can keep them on good game I should be ok. I hope
Screenshot_2015-10-19-22-07-06.png
Screenshot_2015-10-19-22-17-21.png
Screenshot_2015-04-08-12-09-51.png
Last edited by BrandonCombe on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 am

I'm currently hunting two finished hounds and a young pup bred locally here on the West Coast. He is a typical young hound. I like him because he goes well with the two older hounds and he's just interested in a live track and I like that in my young hounds. Time will tell if he has it or not. I don't own any full hounds, mine are Treeing Walker-Trigg-Running Walker x Bluetick. When you get to a certain age, breed or color don't much matter! You feel good about being fortunate enough to make it to another tree and another season! Every time I turn around another legend in the game has passed away.....Never take what you have for granted.... Life is short, hunt hard while you still can!

Earl and Brandon, our FRHC is holding another bobcat contest this winter, $10.00 entry fee...I'd sure like to have you both enter along with as many others here on the West Coast to compete! It would be great to have one of you younger guys win it!

Sis Treed

Sis Treed

Sis Treed

Duke my young prospect.
BrandonCombe
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby BrandonCombe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 am

Good looking dogs mike! You can count me in on the Furn ridge hunt I'll have to get in contact with you on how to go about entering and the ins and outs and what not.
merlo_105
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby merlo_105 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:56 am

I'm running 7 dogs, a few finished and a couple who need another season under them. Starting two pups. A young male who is showing great and a July who has some growing to do before she is started. Dog's are all mostly West Coast breeding with one being from the east coast and one from the mid west.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Going to be hunting 5 finished dogs, 1 just about there and startin a pup. To dang many. One day ill be down to a couple in the yrs to come. Andy
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Mike, that sure is a handsome young hound, I like him, he is healthy and happy. I have lots of respect for all of you with a bunch of hounds as it takes lots of work, when you do your part.
Andy, you and I are thinking alike.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Lol. I got a few. Most aren't "broke" completely. But they tend to leave stuff with hooves alone. I'd maybe brag on some but since I don't want to chase a fox or coatimundi around tomorrow I won't.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:05 am

That got me to thinking. I once had a straight eight year old hound loose his mind. We were riding along and he starts raising pure hell. Know ol true didn't lie so we go busting in there quick and he's racing back and forth on a sand bar bawling for all he's worth. After looking around for any track he might not have trampled I realized it was carp he was raising hell about! As far as I know they were the first fish he'd ever seen. Or maybe he thought they were mighty big water bugs. Whatever the case he was talking about it.
BAR BAR 2
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:16 am

At the moment I have five Walker, Trigg and Walker/Trigg crosses. Some are a little further along than others, but they all need a heckuva lot more time. I also have two straight bred Trigg pups coming from Virginia when they are weaned. On top of that, I have some young horses needing miles as well, so I will be killing two birds with one stone once the big game seasons are closed and I can start running the hounds.

Tex
=2
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:44 am

Running 8 dogs. 9 year old bluetick, 7 year old bluetick/Walker, 6 year old Plott, 2 year old Walker/Bluetick, 2 - 2 year old Walker/Bluetick/Plott, 7 month old B&T, and a 5 month old English Bluetick. I treed a record number of the cat family this summer while bear hunting, so I am really stoked for the cat hunting this winter. My next Loose Bruce Walker pup that I am getting was born the other day I believe I am more excited about getting that pup the any pup I have gotten before.
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:53 am

The Pack.
Attachments
IMG_2125 (2).JPG
tigger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby tigger » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Here's the pack. This year doing a little rebuilding got a pile of young ones and 4 broke ones got some high hopes for these youngsters
Attachments
20150725_074001.jpg
NCM_0298.JPG
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Got in on a couple fire sales this summer and added a few to the pack. They are from 8 months old to 9 years old, should be exciting this winter to say the least but here goes.
Attachments
image.jpg
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Mark, your going to have to get back to king of the mountain to be able to afford to feed that pack...

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”