Bobcat kills deer

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Cathunter207
Facebook ID: 0

Bobcat kills deer

Postby Cathunter207 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:57 pm

So the other day I got a tip where a cat was seen.Saw the track and confirmed it was a cat. Went there and put a beaver carcass on a blow down at about 4pm,came and checked it the next evening and found this dead deer. No other tracks around besides the cat and three other deer. The cats been living underneath a old shed across the road from where it killed the deer. I could see the cat tracks sneaking up onto the kill,it must of been bedded down right there where the cat got him. Will they usually return?I dragged the deer to my bait which was only about 30 feet away.Anyone else have any input or size the track? hopefully he returns tonight so I can get these dogs on him!
Attachments
cattrack.jpg
deerkill.jpg
rockytrails
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Bobcat kills deer

Postby rockytrails » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:42 am

Strange to me. Looks like where it died, not where you moved it to? Not opened up to chest cavity, must have bumped cat off it. Deer warm? If where killed a cat will cover it even with just snow. Killed in head neck area is normal cat . I would bet on cat being back even if you bumped it off. May take a week or next day.
Cathunter207

Postby Cathunter207 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:44 pm

That's where I found the deer then dragged it after this picture. The cat hasn't been back but right now we are having 40 mph winds so id imagine hes gunna wait it out.
cat hntr
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cat hntr » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:21 am

The biggest bobcat I ever caught had just killed a full grown doe

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”