Obedence

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Obedence

Postby scrubrunner » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:22 am

David, I haven't had any breathing the same air as fox or cat since I started over a year or so ago, but southernfox has given me a kickstart, if I could go more I believe I'd be there but it's getting closer, I'll be back there one day.
And yes, we are rich indeed!
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby 1bludawg » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:25 am

Scrubrunner ,
Yes its interesting the way houndsmen from different parts of the country look at things.Traditions and customs differ .Traits and practices that are favored in one part of the country are frowned upon in another.
One example would be shooting a bobcat in front of the dogs.In some areas that's acceptable but out west it's taboo.
When my dad was a boy in southeast Oklahoma he shot a fox in front of someones dogs.He went home and told my grandpa what he did and grandpa cautioned him not to tell anyone as those ole boys would be furious.
This might be a pretty good topic for another post? How hunting traditions differ from one region to another.
Kevin Jackson
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Kevin Jackson » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Wow, what was this post about again lol. I don't believe obedience has anything to do with breaking a dogs "spirit". Mine are inside or with me pretty much all the time except for when I'm working and then they're either in a kennel or tied outside. I can take all of my dogs for a walk and enjoy it. I have to keep an eye on them and sometimes tell them to get back. They have a brain in their head and damn well know the difference between hunting and just going for a walk. When it's time to go hunting they're gone. They know when I grab a gun or put collars on them it's go time. Any other time they'd better act like yard dogs and well behaved ones at that. My dogs like me a lot but I've never had one come looking for me or cling to me when it's go time. When I turn them loose the next time I see them is when I pick them up or pull them off a tree. I sent 2 dogs to Kentucky last week for my buddy to hunt. He told me yesterday that he sure enjoys them and they are a pleasure to be around and handle like a dream. He turned them loose the night before that and they ended up treed on top of a mountain 1.59 miles from where he turned loose. They go hard when they are supposed to and behave when they are supposed to. Time spent with a dog with brains makes all the difference in the world.
Montana Red Kennels - redbones that catch game and hold it until you get there.
(406) 564-3061

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy
Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage
Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy
Ch.'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci
'PR' MT Red's Tree Ringin Rhea
Bon Plott
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bon Plott » Sun May 01, 2016 7:54 pm

MARK i THINK ITS DDA OR ADD ADHD WHATEVER THEY MAKE A PILL FOR IT IM SURE. IF THEY ONLY MADE IT FOR YOUNG DOGS

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”