!!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog...Part 1.5 !!!

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: !!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog...Part 1.5 !!!

Postby Dan McDonough » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:12 pm

I am.

Repeal the 19th Amendment.
Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Tanner Peyton » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Hey Dan, I was listing to this fella on the radio today by the name of Floyd. He was talking about catching lions down in Arizona with a stag he got from a friend in Wisconsin. Anyhow, he said it was a smart smart dog. It was interesting to say the least. Just thought I might share.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:55 pm

That's a littermate brother to Tommy and Vicki. ;) Ace is a first cross Stag x BC. It's been interesting to watch how he gets along with the lion pack over there.
I am.

Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tanner Peyton » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Man, them border collies and german shepherds are no doubt some of the best problem solvers. Real smart dogs.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm

I am.

Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Just a quick update. My Kuby (Leopard) X Vicki (Stag x BC) litter did not materialize. I'll be working on my Stag x Mtn. Cur pup in the meantime, while I wait for Vicki to come into heat again. I sure wish that breeding would have taken.
I am.

Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:40 pm

I am.

Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:05 pm

So, when Vicki (Stag x BC) comes back in heat this Spring, I'm going to try and put her with Kuby (Lep.) again. If it works out this time, I'll be looking forward to starting the 2.0 thread...finally.

Nothing to report on the Stag x Mtn. cur. He's still a goon and needs more time to mature.

I sold my BC x Mtn. Cur female but she's close to home and is with a fired up young man. If she ends up being a super star, I'll still have access to her.

At this point I still like the first cross Lurchers the best...if they only treed the way I want!

Part two is where I've been heading from the beginning. It's the real start to this project. My only reservation is that Vicki isn't a natural tree dog. I'll make the cross, but I'll also be working on making a first cross Lurcher that trees naturally to later reboot the project if this next cross doesn't work out.

As people will start to realize, making dogs takes a lot of work, time and money. I hope that in the future, this thread will discourage many and encourage some. There's not much room for half measures unless your wealthy. And, to the people that have come before me and made the great dogs that I'm working with...ALL due respect.
I am.

Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

!!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog...Part 1.5 !!!

Postby Goose » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Dan, by chance do you recall where you read about the different regions of the brain being sex related, I’d like to read it myself, I’ve been reading a lot on neurogenetics and have been able to find only one paper where it mentions the cerebellum genetic material only coming from female but that’s it and none on the males contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:53 pm

No, but if you find it please send it to me. I spent a few weeks burning my eyes, trying to find the paper that I read that in. I have a friend who is a geneticist and she sent me four papers to check out. If you send me your email, I'll send them on if you would like to look at them. I scanned them over but it will take me hours to look them over properly.

I'm getting the impression that this information is being suppressed. That would make perfect sense. "They" don't want common folks to know how easy it is to improve their family line. That kind of information is reserved for the high-borns.
I am.

Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Williamard1987@yahoo.com,

I’ve spent more time than I probably should have and completely agree with you that if in fact this is true then the way we breed performance dogs may be stepped up a notch, if I find anything I’ll be sure to share as well, I’ve been reading on what the “Y” chromosome contributes but haven’t read a fraction of the stuff I’ve found...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tanner Peyton » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:41 pm

The one area I know of that a female brain differs for that of the male's lays in the corpus callosum. The corpus callosum is the hard ware that that communicates between the right and left cerebral hemispheres. The femal brain tends to have a much more myelinated corpus callosum. Which aids in multi tasking. Makes sense to me, based on the female jobs and life. Not only do they look for food watch for danger but do it all while rasing baby's. Males have a less developed corpus callosum so they tend to be able to focus greatly on some thing but can only focus on one thing at a time. It all has its time and a place along with there advantages and diss advantages. Anyhow I gotta go.
Last edited by Tanner Peyton on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:01 pm

There's piles of data on sex recessive traits...except for this brain thing. It's likely a super game changer so of course it's going to be one of those things "they" keep hidden. I've mentioned it before, I've learned more about breeding from reading The Lost Book of Enki than the rest of what I've read on the subject. It's not a book that you can go into fresh and pick up on what's being said about breeding, but when you're familiar with the subject, you can read in between the lines and pick up more info than you would imagine. The hard part is getting used to the grammar, it's translated into English but it reads backwards like Spanish, French, etc. It took me a few times through to get the hang of it.
I am.

Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:44 am

Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tanner Peyton » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:10 am

Ok so for those of you just passing through what Dan and Goose are talking about are sex linked traits. These traits are passed on from one generation to the next through the genes that determine gender. I'm sure you know that an xx chromosomal pair = female and xy = male. A really cool thing is the genotype and phenotypes that are linked to these chromosomes. But what's even cooler is once you figure out what traits are X or Y linked. Because a female passes on an X and the male only passes on the Y. So if it's a Y linked sex trait then 100% of all males from that male will exhibit the trait. And if it's a homozygous female then 100% of the males thrown will exhibit the trait. The trick is just figuring out what traits are latched onto these gender determining traits. Knowing what is linked to the X and Y chromosome can really take out some of the guesswork. Really cool stuff, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work that went into figuring this stuff out.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”