mostly for David

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

mostly for David

Postby Dan Edwards » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:56 am

David,

Check out these lil athletes. AND.......the best part is that they both got it. Not just the athletic ability to get it done but the brains as well. Its very natural for them. Just over a year old and they are jumping coyotes about every other time I turn em loose and catching most every one or puttin em in a tube. Not the best at holding one yet and may never be but that's what I got the big dogs for I guess.
Attachments
Grace&Wolf.jpg
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: mostly for David

Postby david » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:32 pm

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 pm

If you don't want to go public with it, I guess I will just have to hunt you down in a dark alley. You know I can take your pansy Football star/US Marine butt to the ground with one 60 year old hand tied behind my back. :lol:
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Believe it or not these 2 are just VERY selectively bred hounds over the past 10 years or so. Nothing magical in them. We just kept breeding and hunting certain types that were getting the job done. Some inbreeding and some outcrossing both. The dam to these 2 was out of a half bro/sis breeding of 2 dogs that were already extremely inbred. The sire to these 2 is out of some very fast bred dogs but no inbreeding whatsoever.

And yes I knew that my above statement would have you scratching your head. I wish it could have been a lil more intelligible.
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Here is a picture of the female I took about a month and a half ago. This lil gyps gait is flawless and she has air to spare. She also has a unique ability to find coyotes. She hunts hard and fast almost like a terrier but she doesn't overrun coyotes like a lot of dogs that get to racing. Obviously a long long way from being a finished dog or even from being able to be called good but she is pleasantly surprising me from time to time and that's what is to be expected from a young dog.
Attachments
downsized_0130161635.jpg
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Great picture. Beautiful dog. Have you kept them registered?

And I was hoping for a picture of the kids. Thanks. One down, two to go.

I am guessing that is a remarkable young man right there. how did football go for him?
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:33 pm

I don't have them registered but yes they can be registered. I think the ole man has all the paperwork but it is of no importance to me. He did very well. We lost in the super bowl but he pretty much took us there with the help of some other lil scrappers. And yes so far so good in the remarkable category. It better stay that way for his own personal welfare. HAHA!
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Dan do these go back to your July blood? Or your Walker blood? Or exactly what breed are they?
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:20 am

These 2 pups are brother and sister and they both are Julys. We have all kindsa blood actually. These 2 just happen to be pure Julys. Heck we got one dog that even is half English. He is a pretty good track dog actually and fights pretty darn good. His only real problem is that he is pretty much worn out by noon usually. Just cant handle the runnin these dogs can.
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:25 am

The sire goes back to this dog here. Don't pay much attention to the way he stands. I was told he was a squirrely actin sumbitch.
Attachments
1MikesPictures122305019.jpg
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:28 am

And the dam goes back to this old dog who has been gone many years now I assume. He was Jay Black bred out of Arkansas. I never seen him run but had lotsa dogs out of him.
Attachments
22006JulyNational052.jpg
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:36 am

Was the dam out of the shaggy Julys you had when I was there? Do you think the shaggy hair is recessive? I mean did any of the litter mates to these pups show that trait?

I saw some shaggy Triggs in Cecil Bogg's yard in Virginia. Seems like they pop up in his line, but seems like it is recessive. But I am just guessing.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:40 am

I gotta say after hunting slick coated hounds in 10 below weather and some of them little or no belly hair, I sure was looking for a way to get that hair on them. I knew nothing of the trait in Julys and Triggs, or I would have went looking for it.

It looks like your pups have some good hair on their belly.
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:44 am

The litter the dam was out of had no shaggy hair at all in the whole litter. Both parents were shaggy dogs though. We have bred the "more slick" coated dogs to the hairy dogs though and got half the litter shaggy. I have no clue is what I guess I'm tryin to say. HAHA!

Also I should have mentioned above that the black dogs name was Stump's Lewis and he comes for Harley Filson's ole blood. His momma was Wiseman's Ante which was the dam to him and Stonecipher's Dealer dog. Basically what I'm tryin to say is that these dogs were bred to literally fly. They are extremely fast dogs.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Do you ever get any that run faster as the race progresses?
I am.

Repeal the 19th Amendment.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”